Profile for Ashbookaholic > Reviews

Content by Ashbookaholic

Ashbookaholic (England)

Page: 1 | 2
SCOSCHE Kickback Case for iPad 2/3/4 - White and Gray (IPDK)
SCOSCHE Kickback Case for iPad 2/3/4 - White and Gray (IPDK)

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE! HAVE A LOOK!, 30 Sept. 2012
I didn't purchase this exact case but i do have many like this and they're excellent!!!! Light weight, super efficient, no fuss or added bulk! selling on e.b.a.y - much more funkier versions for the ipad 2 and 3. Just type 'ipad kickback stand' and a listing with a yellow ipad stand should show up being sold by 'colourgadgets'. It's a fantastic case, for a great price! Just have a look..

It would be sold on Amazon, but you can only sell what they already list...

Bobble BPA-Free 1 Litre Water Bottle, Magenta
Bobble BPA-Free 1 Litre Water Bottle, Magenta

3.0 out of 5 stars Funky but serious design issues, 29 Aug. 2012
I recently bought this bottle mainly because it looked pretty cool. I'm not really a water drinker and so i needed something ascetically pleasing that would make me want to drink! Weird I know. Well i must say the Bobble certainly works in that area, since i bought it i've drank a lot more water than my usual intake! However, I paid £12.00 for this bottle and it does have some issues with it!

Number 1, the plastic lid/cap of the bottle is so hard to remove once put on and putting it on is also tough, that I ended up cracking the plastic lid- the same thing happened to my sisters bottle. Luckily, a quick google search revealed that the Bobble website are giving out free bobble lids- so i guess the problem must be pretty common.

The 2nd problem is the plastic bottle itself. It's quite cheap and thin, considering the price they should definitely have upped the quality. Every time i squeeze it to drink I'm scared i might squeeze it too much that it creases. I've pretty much used it full on for an entire week and already a faint crease line has appeared. Urgh.

Positive note- it looks the business, its cool, funky and fun to drink from. The filter colours are all pretty awesome to, making it hard to decide which colour you want. It says i need to replace the filter every 2 months, i'm not sure if thats just a ploy to keep money coming in or it actually does need replacing that frequently. At 7.00 a filter- it is quite expensive...which is another downer.

Overall, considering i don't drink much water, i do think the bottle works for me. But for the price- i really think they should have made it using better quality materials.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2016 12:28 PM BST

Public Law
Public Law
by Mark Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 29 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Public Law (Paperback)
Excellent book, well detailed and explained. No complicated jargon! This book got me my first- so its perfect! Buy it!!!

Contract Theory (Clarendon Law Series)
Contract Theory (Clarendon Law Series)
by Stephen A. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 25 May 2012
I needed a textbook for my contract law exam that was specifically geared towards the theoretical part of contract law. Contract Theory was an absolute lifesaver, it explains in an excellent, easy to understand way the will and reliance theory- which was a major part of my course! Most standard textbooks hardly ever touch these theories in detail and the only way to actually get to grips is to try to read C.Fried 'contract as Promise' and P.Atiyahs 'essay on contract'- both which are time consuming and quite hard to read, especially if your in the first year and just about getting to grips with how the law works.

I would thoroughly recommend this book, It enabled me to write a great essay in my exam. My only regret is that i bought it quite late in the course! Buy it if your studying contract law! Its brilliant!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good but not brilliant, 20 Mar. 2012
I wanted a micro fibre cloth to clean my macbook. I wasn't so sure about buying the moshi tera glove due to the high price but decided that since the reviews were raving, i might as well fish out an extra few pounds to maintain £1000 laptop. The tera glove itself is really smooth and soft! It feels brilliant and has two sides on for scratches/dusts and the other side for smears. You just spray water on cloth, wipe and its done. Its that simple. However, the downside of this very practical and easy-to use glove is that the dust it wipes off remains on the glove, so after using it a few times i found that rather than the dust being wiped away, the dust from the glove would actually add on to the screen which was very bugging.

Maybe i need to wash the glove- I've only used it thrice.

But its 4 star so its still a recommended buy, i just need to solve this issue i have.

Aerosphere 13 inch MacBook Sleeve - Grey
Aerosphere 13 inch MacBook Sleeve - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Mar. 2012
So I recently purchased a Macbook Pro from Apple and considering how much I'd paid for it I wanted to ensure it was properly protected, since i was going to be using it through University carrying it in between lectures and my frequent trips to the library. I literally scoured the internet for a few days wanting to ensure i got the best and reasonably priced sleeve. I checked all the different brands from handmade covers to sheepskin sleeves. Theres lots of websites with a huge variety which made it quite confusing since there was way too much to choose from. Eventually, i came across this bag and i immediately loved the aerosphere bubbles and the colour of grey and orange. But at first i wasn't so sure about the zip as it might scratch the macbook as i put it in and took it out and also there wasn't any reviews on it but the price was perfect and i was sick of looking around so i decided to buy it.
All i can say is since opening the packaging box and actually using it it's perfect! I've had lots of comments when taking it out at Uni, the bubbles are really impressive giving adequate protection whilst being fun to touch. The Inside is all soft and furry and , the colours awesome too- what more could you want! It really is worth buying!

Sony ICD-PX312 - Digital voice recorder - flash 2 GB - MP3 - black
Sony ICD-PX312 - Digital voice recorder - flash 2 GB - MP3 - black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Feb. 2012
Pleasantly surprised, this really is the perfect dictaphone for recording lectures at University, its so simple to use, you can transfer recordings to your computer. Also thorough the dictaphone you can sort out your recordings to go under different folders organising it into different modules. Its light weight and looks great! I personally, thought it was a great buy!

The Constitution of the United Kingdom: A Contextual Analysis (Constitutional Systems of the World)
by Peter Leyland

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent analysis of the UK constitution, 19 Oct. 2011
As a law student at university we were recommended to buy the above book as a way to get a feel for what is to come in the following months (Public law module). At first i decided to borrow it from the main library, as opposed to buying it given the fact that I'd already spent well over £150 on other compulsory and recommended books for each module! However, after borrowing the book from the library and browsing over the first few chapters,I was amazed to find that it actually read quite easily. I mean, if your like me just at the start of your law degree ladened with big chunky textbooks filled with complex terminology (especially contract law- Fried!) You will appreciate the way this book has been written. It's so simple and easy to understand and yet manages to explain all the topics regarding the Constitution in a way where you don't have to sit with a law dictionary analysing what every sentence is trying to say!

Public law teaches you the political side of the law and having studied Government and Politics at A-level, this by far for me is the most easiest of the modules. This book is a must for those who haven't done Politics and don't really understand what the constitution is etc. After reading this, it won't be long before your'e on par with your classmates who had a headstart to this module through A-levels!

In short: Buy it you wont regret it! :)

AQA English Language and Literature B A2: Student's Book (Aqa A2 Students Book)
AQA English Language and Literature B A2: Student's Book (Aqa A2 Students Book)
by Christine Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really useful, ok tips, 13 Sept. 2011
I brought both the AS and A2 book and got A grades in both my AS and A2 exams, however, i hardly used this book, just skimmed through it, it was useful for courseworks and tips but in my opinion not a essential buy. I guess with English they probably cant really provide much especially since they covering all aspects of the board so for example my teachers chose the play The Rivals to study so in this book the section dedicated to that play was very minimum and so wasnt so useful to me.

US Government and Politics (Politics Study Guides)
US Government and Politics (Politics Study Guides)
by William Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essential buy for a politics student!!!, 13 Sept. 2011
Theres no denying that it was this book that got me my A* in Government and Politics. The bookl covers everything you need to know to ace American politics, the essential information with regards to the structure of American politics as well as the debates that surround certain aspects of it are fully explained in this book. It provides info on things which would certainly impress the examiner and makes your paper unique as the examples provided are up to date and not the usual cases given by every other student in the UK. I personally read the entire book, memorised and understood all the important bits, this enabled me to answer almost any question in the paper. Anyway, if you want to get that top grade this is the book that will get it you! Guaranteed! Plus its written by the guy who writes the paper...of course he wont be putting in anything thats not in his book :)

Page: 1 | 2