Profile for Elaine Fairweather > Reviews

Content by Elaine Fairweather

Elaine Fairweather (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cashmere Cold Weather Winter Scarf w/ Gift Box (Blue Ombre Chevron)
Cashmere Cold Weather Winter Scarf w/ Gift Box (Blue Ombre Chevron)
Offered by Silverhooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Scarf - Great Gift, 26 Jan. 2016
This cashmere scarf made a great gift being of obvious quality and nicely presented in its gift box. The recipient was delighted with the colours and the feel of it. They wore the scarf indoors for several hours, being reluctant to take it off.

Novawo Women's Particular Rainbow Butterfly Print Scarf/ Shawl/ Wrap
Novawo Women's Particular Rainbow Butterfly Print Scarf/ Shawl/ Wrap
Offered by Novawo-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy Ever, 26 Jan. 2016
I bought one of these shawls as a present. As soon as I saw it unwrapped I just knew I had to order one for myself. In fact I ordered two – the sapphire blue and the green one. The vibrant rainbow colours are extraordinary. The texture is beautifully soft and luxurious, making it both warm and lovely to wear. As well as being a useful and stylish accessory for daytime, the shawl can instantly transform plain clothes into evening wear. I think these shawls will prove to be my best buy of the year.

Jane Austen: A Family Record
Jane Austen: A Family Record
by Deirdre Le Faye

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Austen in 3D, 9 Nov. 2015
I have had a life-long passionate interest in all things Jane Austen, and, despite feeling that I already knew most things about her, her family history and her works, I chose to buy this book for my collection. I did not expect to learn new things from it but I did look forward to having all the information about Jane’s family history in one volume and in chronological order.

My expectations were greatly exceeded. The well-ordered account was surprisingly easy to read and assimilate. Such is the wholeness of Deirdre Le Faye’s work and her perfect placement of facts within their context, that my understanding and appreciation of Jane’s life has been brought to a new, almost three-dimensional, level. As well as this expanded view of what I already knew, I found there was plenty of interesting information that was previously unknown to me.

Most other biographies end abruptly with Jane’s death. Deirdre Le Faye continues beyond, and we learn how family members come forward at different times with remembrances and anecdotes. We are also told how the surviving family members live out the remainder of their lives. By placing Jane Austen on a timeline between her ancestors and the future generations of her family, the author manages to create a much stronger connection between the reader in the 21st century and she who lived 200 years ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would not hesitate to recommend it as the definitive record of Jane Austen’s life. Those who already have the book of Jane Austen’s Letters, will find it a useful companion to enhance their enjoyment. The Family Record probably isn’t so suitable to a new-comer to Jane Austen’s world, since the sheer volume of people, places and information might overwhelm initially. However, to anyone who is already familiar with the principal elements and who wishes to know everything there is to be known about Jane Austen, this is a must have.

Brocade Headwear with Georgette Bow Tie (Beige)
Brocade Headwear with Georgette Bow Tie (Beige)
Offered by Deresina Headwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Drawer Headwear, 15 Sept. 2015
I suffer from hair loss and have various hats and caps for every season to wear outdoors. As the condition progressed I needed something I could wear comfortably indoors and in social situations. This is the first such item I have bought. I am really pleased with this headwear. It is made of soft stretchy material that seems to breathe. It is wonderful for keeping my hair in place and out of my eyes, and prevents individual hairs falling into food. As well as being extremely practical and comfortable to wear, the headwear is both stylish and attractive. Worn with everyday clothes, it fits in with the casual look. However, it also looks perfectly fine when I am dressed for evening engagements.

I am delighted with my purchase. I notice that Deresina have a wonderful range of headwear and I am sure I will enjoy adding more of their products to my indoor wardrobe of headwear.

SPORTS SUN VISOR SANDWICH PEAK GOLF TENNIS CAP HAT - 12 COLOURS (MB6123) (NAVY BLUE / WHITE)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Bargain I Bought Three, 17 Aug. 2015
Great sun visor. The cap is of good quality and fully adjustable by means of a velcro fastening at the back. It's great for playing outdoor sports - shades the eyes from bright light but keeps the head cool. Very good value for money, so much so that I bought three in different colours to go with various outfits..

Ladies Linen Style Shapeable Sun Hat With Rose Brooch
Ladies Linen Style Shapeable Sun Hat With Rose Brooch
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool Hat, 17 Aug. 2015
This pretty hat keeps the sun out of my eyes while being cool to wear. It's well made and stylish, and very good value for money. I love it.

Seagate Expansion 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive
Offered by Product Empire LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for Quiet Efficiency, 26 Feb. 2015
Simple, neat, no-fuss, quiet and efficient product. Great!

Improve Your Eyesight with EFT*: *Emotional Freedom Techniques
Improve Your Eyesight with EFT*: *Emotional Freedom Techniques
by EFT Carol Look

3.0 out of 5 stars I've Seen Better, 10 Sept. 2014
I had high hopes for this book as I have great respect for Carol Look and her work. There was a noticeable improvement of my eyesight after the first week of doing EFT but after that the improvement leveled out and did not get much better. Some weeks it even dropped back slightly. I kept rigidly to the course for six weeks but increasingly I felt out of touch with the EFT statements I was being instructed to use. In the end I gave up. I have benefited greatly from EFT in other areas, and I still think EFT has much to offer in the improvement of one's eyesight. However,I think many of the statements in the scripts weren't right for me and didn't match my situation. In general Carol Look says that one should tailor EFT statements to fit oneself as closely as possible to obtain the greatest effect. The way this book is written makes it difficult to do this.

When Carol first devised this system it was as an experiment so she could see if EFT was a viable approach to vision improvement. Since experiments have to be structured so the experimenter can judge and compare results,it probably accounts for the rigidity I encountered in the book. The book IS the experiment reproduced, rather than a book for me as an individual. I was therefore disappointed in the book. Anyone wishing to improve their eyesight would do better to study EFT and then apply the principles to their eyes and eyesight in their own unique way.

Buffalo 11n/600Mbps/4 FE LAN Dual Band Wireless Router
Buffalo 11n/600Mbps/4 FE LAN Dual Band Wireless Router

5.0 out of 5 stars N Draft Made All The Difference, 10 Sept. 2014
I bought this to replace an earlier Buffalo router which was still providing good service after 8 years for the two desktop computers connected to it. I was recently given a tablet and I found the old G draft router wasn't man enough for providing consistent wi-fi connectivity, hence my wish to upgrade to an N draft router. The new router works like a dream. My tablet now connects instantly every time, no matter where I am in the house. The Buffalo 11n/600Mbps/4 FE LAN Dual Band Wireless Router is also excellent value for money and comes heartily recommended.

uni-ball Eye Fine UB-157 Rollerball Pens - Assorted Colours, Pack of 5
uni-ball Eye Fine UB-157 Rollerball Pens - Assorted Colours, Pack of 5
Offered by AB Stationery

5.0 out of 5 stars Pens From Heaven, 11 Aug. 2014
I've always enjoyed using these pens. The ink flows so well and easily. I use them every day in my home office. I especially love the blue pen which is a turquoise blue and very suitable for signing greetings cards. I thoroughly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3