Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Profile for P. Williams > Reviews

Content by P. Williams

P. Williams "mewwill" (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Kiss And Tell
Kiss And Tell
by Fiona Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Just like Jilly?, 25 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Kiss And Tell (Paperback)
Having read the other reviews I was looking forward to this book, I've read every Fiona Walker book and agree the last few just weren't up to the first ones.
It's a bit slow, a bit drawn out and so many continuity errors that I started getting a bit annoyed with it (example being Rory riding The Fox but when he came out of the ring he handed Cub to Fiona, another was confusing Fiona with Beccy in one paragraph).
It reads so like a Jilly Cooper story that I guessed the end long before it happened, such a shame but still an improvement on the last few novels.
Read it and give it a go but try and ignore the errors!.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 10:21 PM GMT

Method in My Madness: 10 Years Out of the Saddle
Method in My Madness: 10 Years Out of the Saddle
by Richard Dunwoody

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad I suppose!, 4 Jan. 2011
Have read both Dunwoody books now, this is more interesting with the polar aspect and the life he now leads away from racing. I have always been a big fan - especially as my only ever racing bet was on him and West Tip winning the National!, but the book does make him sound like a total self obsessed ladies man, he does seem to be a bit full of himself and chases a lot of fillies from the sounds of it.
Not a bad read but I have enjoyed other books like Jenny Pitman and Frankie Dettori better, sorry Richard!.

Picture Perfect
Picture Perfect
by Jodi Picoult

1.0 out of 5 stars chick flit, not the normal Picoult grittiness, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Picture Perfect (Paperback)
I have read quite a few Jodi Picoult books, this is by far the weakest. It reads more like a plot from a chick flit or a mills and boone book, there is no depth to any of the characters, you don't get to know them at all and the ending is very weak.
Would put me off reading anymore of her books.

Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I admit I'm a huge Rob fan and bought the dvd because of this! sad I know but true.
However the film is very good as is the story and it is worth watching for so many other reasons that just Robert Pattinson.
The little girl is superb, Pierce Brosnan is good, Emilie de Ravin is good but Chris Cooper didn't quite fit the bill for me. I loved the scenes with Tyler (RP) and his sister, very endearing.
I did have the feeling for most of the film that something bad was going to happen, I won't spoil the ending but you'll know what I mean, some will like it, some won't but that's up to you.
p.s if you've seen it, what's the bit with the man on the train staring at Ally when she's with Tyler and the roomie? was he the gangster grown up? found that bit unclear, maybe down to editing?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2010 11:32 PM GMT

Night Work
Night Work
Offered by Entertainment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Sisters are back big time!, 25 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Night Work (Audio CD)
I bought this on a pre-release order from Amazon, due 28/6, arrived today 25/6.
I'm on my second listen already and it is fantastic! loving the tunes, beat, rythmn and total campness of this album.
Scissor sisters are back on a roll!
Get this album if you loved their previous stuff or if you just fancy a change from the norm!!

Reality Killed the Video Star
Reality Killed the Video Star
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fab Fab! Welcome back Robbie!, 7 Nov. 2009
Pre-ordered this from Amazon and it turned up 2 days before the release date!! how's that for service, thanks Amazon.
Have listened to the album about 4 times already and am loving it! love his voice, love the catchy tunes and find myself singing along already!.
Some definite stand out songs inc Morning sun and Bodies and love the little one minute track "Somewhere".
Welcome back Robbie, lets hope there are many more albums to follow.

Keeping the World Away
Keeping the World Away
by Margaret Forster

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many coincidences to be a great fiction book, 4 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Keeping the World Away (Paperback)
This was given to me as this months book club read, I looked at all the reviews on Amazon and was looking forward to reading the book.
How disappointed I am on finishing the book!.
The book is written in sections with each one being a different woman that has had the little painting in their lives. There wasn't enough about each character, each section finished and then jumped years to the next person, I wanted to know more about each woman and what happened to them, you don't really ever get to know them in the short description of their lives.
The other thing that drove me mad was that in each section one of the characters "bumped" into or had contact (albeit sometimes unknowingly) with the woman from the previous story. This could be the woman on the boat with the black hat, the woman tending the wounded soldier, the art gallery owner etc etc, there are so many people in the world, how can the author expect us to believe each of her main characters had some form of contact with another character over the 100 years this book is written in!.
There were time errors too, like in the chapter about Lucasta and it said Paul bombarded her with emails whilst away, this was early 80's, I doubt she even had a computer!.
I got annoyed with the characters, lack of insight into their lives, the rushing off to the next person and the finality of the book.
Hope it was better reading for everyone else in my book group!.

Robert Pattinson: Eternally Yours
Robert Pattinson: Eternally Yours
by Isabelle Adams

1.0 out of 5 stars Written by a teenager for teenagers?, 12 Dec. 2008
What a sorry state of a book, it's written as if the reader is either 12 or totally stupid.
It's American, written in American and reads badly if you're English!.
Pictures are photocopies on thin colour paper, obviously not a lot of budget spent printing it.
It's full of quotes from other papers, tv shows, interviews and has no depth to it whatsoever.
Total waste of time reading it (Rob Pattinson looks good though!)
Wouldn't buy it, wouldn't recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2009 7:21 PM GMT

We Need To Talk About Kevin (Five Star Paperback)
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Five Star Paperback)
by Lionel Shriver

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn..................., 24 Sept. 2008
Wow! all these wonderful reviews about "we need to talk about Kevin".
Have I been reading a different book? I'm finding it dull, boring, lifeless and would gladly put it down and not pick it back up again, except it's for my book group read this month so I have to try and finish it.
Oh well, back to plodding through to the end................yawn.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven
The Five People You Meet In Heaven
by Mitch Albom

5.0 out of 5 stars five people you meet in heaven........................, 28 Mar. 2008
I belong to a book club and it's my turn to choose for next month, I have scoured amazon and all the listmanias etc for a decent book, good feedback and not to long!!.
I came across this book "the five people you meet in heaven" and it had good feedback, was well reviewed and sounded like a good story.
It arrived this morning, I started reading at 1pm and finished reading at 4pm (with a dash to school to collect the kids at 3pm!).
What can I say that hasn't been said before, it is a fantastic read, wonderful original story and quite unlike any book I've read before (and I read a lot!).
The main character keeps you hooked, the people he meets and the reasons behind their stories are very entertaining and thought provoking.
I finished with tears streaming down my face, maybe from Eddies story or from the feelings it made me remember about people I have lost.
Every action has a counter action, whether we know about it or not, we never really know what people think unless we ask them and everyone can surprise us, even ourselves!.
Overall a fantastic read and I can't wait to see what my book group thinks of it when I recommend it next month!, especially as I'm the "chick flit" amongst the group so this is very different from what I would normally pick up, but I'm very glad I did.

Page: 1 | 2