Profile for Freddo > Reviews

Lenspen Elite Cleaning Pen for Lens
Lenspen Elite Cleaning Pen for Lens
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean up., 30 Sep 2014
Works perfectly. Stay clear of all those rubbish chinese copies, this is the real deal.

Boss FS6 Dual Footswitch
Boss FS6 Dual Footswitch
Offered by EESMusic

4.0 out of 5 stars Step on it., 30 Sep 2014
Works perfectly, eats batteries, but I use re-chargeables. Shame Roland don't actually supply one of these, at least, with their amps. Price is a bit steep!

10 XL ColourDirect CLI-551XL/ PGI-550XL Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma MG5450 MG5550 MG5650 MG6350 MG6450 MG6650 MX725 MX925 MX725 MG7150 iP7250 Printers
Offered by Colour Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 30 Sep 2014
Have only installed one, so far. At first the printer (Canon MG5450) said 'not recognised', but after removing the cartridge and putting it back in, making sure it was firmly seated, it worked fine. Time will tell how long it lasts, but up to now I've been paying about £11 per cartridge from our local print shop, so if they only last half as long I'm still winning big time. By the way too many reviews here are for the printers rather than the ink cartridges!

Velbon DF-61 Heavy Duty Aluminium Photo/Video Tripod
Velbon DF-61 Heavy Duty Aluminium Photo/Video Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job..., 4 May 2014
First up I must commend Amazon for their amazing delivery service - ordered Friday 2nd May, delivered SUNDAY 4th, and on a Bank Holiday weekend! Having given the tripod an hour's workout in the garden I must say I'm very impressed. Solidly built, with a good weight, but not overly heavy, leg catches feel firm and secure, and the pan/tilt head is a joy to use - smooth in all directions, but secure when locked. It handles my Pentax K-m DSLR with fully extended 55-300mm zoom comfortably (a weight of about 1200g), and you don't have to put bags of welly into locking the tilt to stop the lens doing a nose-dive (this was the problem on my old tripod, eventually the thread went on the tilt lock handle). For my use as a keen hobbyist this tripod fits the bill perfectly. Prior to buying this I had purchased the Hama Omega Premium Tripod I, but had to return it (see my Hama review for why). Time will tell how the fittings hold up on this model, but for under £30 I'd say it's a steal. If I have one grouch, I would say the locking lever for the quick release plate could do with a stronger spring, but once in place it seems secure enough. Even so, for the price paid I think it's a 5-star buy.

101 Acoustic Hits For Buskers Mlc
101 Acoustic Hits For Buskers Mlc
by Various

1.0 out of 5 stars ...for buskers?, 2 May 2014
How many buskers do you see standing in the high street playing a song in E flat? I bought this book as a handy source of material for when I'm teaching guitar. Sadly, despite the title, the songs are all in their original keys, where it would have been much more appropriate (considering the title) to transpose them into easier keys, and given capo settings for the original key. I constantly find I'm having to do that myself. Some songs (eg Paul McCartney's 'Blackbird', and Joni Mitchells 'A Case of You' are just plain wrong. I would return it, but - well, I've written all over it now....

Lloytron Compact AA/AAA Plus PP3 Battery Charger
Lloytron Compact AA/AAA Plus PP3 Battery Charger
Offered by eTwist

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 2 May 2014
Feels very light when you first unpack it, hard to believe there's anything going on inside! It works, however. The green lights go out when the batteries are charged and the batteries fit nice and tight so no danger of them falling out.

Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad for Mac
Logitech Rechargeable Trackpad for Mac
Offered by Trusted-Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 2 May 2014
I use a Mac Mini connected to my TV for Sky Go and BT Sport - this trackpad serves as my sofa based 'remote'. Brilliant.

Tefal Intensium 28 cm Stirfry
Tefal Intensium 28 cm Stirfry

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 May 2014
This is my 'go to' pan for stir fries. Takes the high heat well, nothing sticks, you can toss the food like a professional, and it cleans up with a wipe. Brilliant.

Hama Omega Premium Tripod I
Hama Omega Premium Tripod I

1.0 out of 5 stars Promised much -, 2 May 2014
-but sadly failed to deliver. Upon removing the tripod from its plastic bag, out dropped a rivet which had not been installed properly, so one of the struts between the leg and the centre post was flapping around. Its all metal construction looks and feels solid enough, but sadly the fittings themselves are not engineered to a high enough standard, and one bracket left me with a tiny shard of metal in my finger. Ouch. The pan/tilt head was stiff in all directions, and as mentioned by another reviewer, you can't effectively lock the pan, because any anti-clockwise pressure will just cause the whole head mechanism to unscrew. Poor design there, and less than acceptable build quality meant I had to return it straight away for a refund. Thank goodness for Amazon's simple returns procedure!

Gleam black zink alloy quick release guitar capo suitable for acoustic and electric guitars as well as other stringed instruments such as the banjo.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job..., 2 May 2014
...but at over 100g (that's 1/4 pound) I'd hardly call it lightweight! Zinc alloy? Are you sure? My Kyser and G7 capos are both much lighter, but then they cost considerably more. I bought this specifically for my classical guitar, and it seems to work okay, even though the bar is only just wide enough for a full width classical neck, and the cushion on the string side still seems to have a slight curve in it. I do like the way the back is shaped and cushioned, it fits the guitar snugly, and shouldn't leave any marks. The spring tension is about right too, firm enough, without being too fierce.

Page: 1 | 2