Profile for edithgrogers > Reviews

Content by edithgrogers

"edithgrogers"

Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman: Adventures of a Curious Character as Told to Ralph Leighton
by Richard Phillips Feynman

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, 13 July 2005
My Mum found this book for me, she's a physics teacher + I'm an undergraduate physics student with a love of books!
I loved it! Who cares if Feynman was egotistic, or a womaniser or, or... well it doesn't matter!
What matters is how he puts across his love of physics and draws you in!
Its an inspiring book, about an amazing and inspiring man!
the title of the first chapter sums it all up. "He fixes radios by thinking."
Its well worth reading, whoever you are!

Dressed To Kill
Dressed To Kill

3.0 out of 5 stars an interesting taster, 11 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Dressed To Kill (Audio CD)
I brought this albumn while looking for Deceptive bends. I've been brought up on 10CC and it was nice to visit a few favourites (though some were missing)
its a good taster for anyone who's thinking of buying a few more cds and who needs a reminder of some of the brilliance of 10CC.
I wasn't too keen on the last 3 songs, they lacked something especially placed after Reds in my bed, but I enjoy it as a change.

Advancing Physics A2: Student's Book
Advancing Physics A2: Student's Book
by Jon Ogborn

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, clear textbook, 25 Feb. 2005
I used this book for my A-levels and I DIDN'T fail! I got a B.
though there are mistakes usually in the questions, there are quite few and the questions themselves stimulated understanding.
The book is usually clear and showed how to derive expressions and stimulated further research.
It was also far more useful than a revision guide to revise from and I wish I had it here at University (I'm studying physics) as it is in some ways clearer for the basics than my university text.