Profile for S. Widdows > Reviews

London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Boyle
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympic fever!, 21 Jan. 2013
Surely the best year of some of our lives? The most thrilling sporting year captured perfectly by the BBC. Lovely to relive these triumphs on a snowy day in the Southwest!

Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
by Bradley Wiggins

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 21 Jan. 2013
A really inspiring book for my cycle mad son. Bradley is someone to try and emulate and we are all pleased by his triumphs.

Builders Hat
Builders Hat
Offered by Fancy Dressed Party

4.0 out of 5 stars flimsy but fun, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Builders Hat (Toy)
This was bought to accompany the Bob bike and tool belt for my grandson's 2nd birthday. He loves a hat and was delighted with it. It crumpled and split fairly quickly as it was very thin plastic but what do you expect for £1!

Bob the Builder Tape Measure and Belt
Bob the Builder Tape Measure and Belt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, 17 April 2012
This was bought for my 2 year old grandson's birthday as he loves Bob. The belt had been in its packaging for too long and was impossible to attach as it had been flat for too long. When opened we couldn't get it to stay 'round' enough for the 'buckle' to stay where it was wanted and the sizing might have suited a chubby child of 5 or more. Not happy with it at all - but the tools did go in the box at the back of his Bob bike!

Bob The Builder Trike and Tool Box with Tools
Bob The Builder Trike and Tool Box with Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun had by all!, 17 April 2012
I bought this for my grandson's 2nd birthday as he loves all the old characters such as Bob, Sam and Pat (not the modern characters who can't talk proper words!). Although he can't reach the pedals he can just about get his toes on the ground and get about. It's a pity that he'll have to wait for his legs to grow.(more adjustability needed!) He loves putting things into the box at the back and he sits on this when his 4 year old sister rides it. (That needs to be a bit stronger for that purpose.) Either way - it is a great hit with the 4 year old as well.

After the Storm (Tales From Percy's Park)
After the Storm (Tales From Percy's Park)
by Nick Butterworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Percy after the storm, 19 April 2011
Another gift for my 3 year old g'daughter to get her away from 'in the night garden'. This is spot on for a thrilling adventure with all the old favourites. I love the maps too. Much more interesting than soft toys mucking about and speaking incomprehensibly. Delivered quickly too.

Percy the Park Keeper [1999] - The Secret Path / The Rescue Party [DVD]
Percy the Park Keeper [1999] - The Secret Path / The Rescue Party [DVD]
Dvd ~ Percy the Park Keeper

4.0 out of 5 stars Percy's secret path, 19 April 2011
I gave this to my 3 year old granddaughter for her 3rd birthday - her mother likes her to obsess over 'in the night garden' which i loathe - she had already got a book about Percy which she loved and she now loves him even more, as he does real things! The dvd was delivered very quickly which was pleasing.

One is Fun (Coronet Books)
One is Fun (Coronet Books)
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Making life easier, 19 Dec. 2009
Great book - she's so readable and easy to follow. I bought this for my son and his girlfriend who hate having to cook when they come in from a hard days work. They have found it really inspiring.

The Classical World: An Epic History of Greece and Rome
The Classical World: An Epic History of Greece and Rome
by Robin Lane Fox

4.0 out of 5 stars The Classical World, 19 Nov. 2009
This book was a gift to my daughters boyfriend. He is fascinated by ancient civilisation so will find this a good book to accompany others he has read. As I write he has not started to read it so I cannot comment on his enjoyment, or not, of it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2011 9:37 PM BST

I, Claudius [1976] [DVD]
I, Claudius [1976] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Derek Jacobi
Offered by MMRSALES

4.0 out of 5 stars I Claudius, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: I, Claudius [1976] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my daughters boyfriend as a birthday gift and to accompany a book on ancient Rome which I also gave him and which he is fascinated by. He hasnt had much time to watch the dvd as yet but he has seen one episode which, while enjoying, he remarked on how old fashioned it is. The arrival of the dvd was greatly delayed by the postal strike so I cannot comment on the efficiency of the sender.

Page: 1 | 2