Profile for K. E. Holton > Reviews

Rock & Roll Time
Rock & Roll Time
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll recipe, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Rock & Roll Time (Audio CD)
Lovely album full of authentic roots music. If you want to hear what the ingredients to Rock and Roll are, this captures it. Jerry continues to not let his fan's down

Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value and great performer, 5 Dec. 2013
I brought this sim free Moto g to go with my currant contract. The first thing to mention is it unbelievable value. The next thing is the screen and software. Screen is vibrant and responsive really should be on a more expensive phone. Software one step back from KitKat the newest Android. A update to KitKat is promised in the new year. If you are an Android user you will be more than familiar with the layout of things. If you are a new user it's a easy learning curve. It's mainly vanilla Android with a few extra Motorola apps. One I liked set the phone up for night time so only certain users or anyone making more than one call can bypass the zzzz's. Also there is a app to help you transfer messages and other settings which is useful. It worked well.
Build quality feels nice in the hand a solid 'weight' (not too heavy!). My hand felt like it fitted to the form a nice feel.
Battery life is a day if you don't change the default settings. You can change things to a more battery friendly setting where you will get an average of a couple of days depending on what you use and where you are. At the moment I have 40% and have had 1 day 20 hrs of use. If you need any tips on improving battery life it's more about what software app or setting you have running than any fancy battery app.
Storage I went for the 16gb to allow plenty of space for photo's and apps for my situation. I use Google's 50gb extra storage in the cloud that comes with the phone for music and loads of documents and photo's.
So how does it run? It is a smooth responsive software experience, so far, with 1gb ram enough, other phones have at least double that but are also more than double the price.
Hopefully this Moto g will help to lower prices on so called high end phones because the Moto G is more than enough to compete at such a value price point it makes people like me with high expectations want it.

Mean Old Man (18 Track Int'l Version)
Mean Old Man (18 Track Int'l Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatness, 13 Oct. 2010
It's not often someone who is expected to produce perfection for his fan's brings a album out. As with his last album 'Last Man Standing' there are other artists on this album and 'Mean Old Man' manages to the most to make you forget that there are other artists on the cd!
Jerry Lee is now 75 and still producing great albums I want a new album already I expect that there is more to release from the various sessions that this album was compiled from.
Some will not like the Kid Rock and Slash input on 'Rockin my life away' but hey if it helps get Jerry a few more fan's then I'm ok with that.
The slower tracks like 'I really don't want to know' 'Hold you in my arms' 'Sunday morning coming down' are just fantastic you really feel that Jerry has lived the songs.
You also hear the vulnerable Jerry Lee in 'Miss the Mississippi and you' which is Jerry and piano. Awe inspiring stuff.
Of the stones songs 'Dead flowers' is the best.
Whisky river really works well with the tempo change kickin it on.
Talkin of tempo I love the tempo and rhythm of 'Will the circle be unbroken' works so well, which I will allow to forgive that there is no piano and Mavis staples finishes the song!
The other religious song 'Railroad to heaven' I'm not so sure of with maybe too much input from the Late Soloman Burke.
Other tracks are more than fine and the whole album has a nice relaxed feel to it.
5 out of 5 from me I maybe biased as a long time Lewis fan but I love this album Jerry still showing he has it in him even in his seventies!

Mean Old Man EP [Amazon MP3 Exclusive]
Mean Old Man EP [Amazon MP3 Exclusive]

5.0 out of 5 stars YEEEEEEAAAAH, 11 Nov. 2009
Love it top drawer stuff from the Killer! Nice sound better balanced than Last Man Standing.

Mean Old Man
Mean Old Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Mean old man finding new territory, 26 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Mean Old Man (MP3 Download)
You got to give it to Jerry lee Lewis in his 60th year as a public performer, 74th year of life he manages to come out with a new single that sounds like a new direction! Yes looking for new markets, new fans this track is a bit controversial amongst Lewis fans. Jerry Lee controversial, you surprise me, ha.
Mean old man fits his public persona and it sounds like he enjoys the concept! The track cracks along a nice pace and has a nice 'tap foot' melody. To me the fact there is no piano fits in with this direction. So now we wait for the complete album to be released. I am sure there will be piano on that!

Live at the Star Club, Hamburg
Live at the Star Club, Hamburg

5.0 out of 5 stars exciting, 3 Sept. 2006
This is the most exciting live record ever recorded if you don't have this forget listening to anything else for excitment and true live perfomance,you need it. Lewis performance has never been matched by any other performer.

Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

5.0 out of 5 stars hot, 20 July 2006
This review is from: Last Man Standing (Audio CD)
I have been lucky enough to hear a track from this album Jerry lee covers led zep's 'rock n roll'.Let me say it is awesome.do yourself afavour and order this cd.

IAN