Profile for Mrs. Caroline O'Callaghan > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Caroline ...

Mrs. Caroline O'Callaghan "Caroline" (Evesham, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Collins Colplan A3 Memo Calendar for 2015
Collins Colplan A3 Memo Calendar for 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to record all the household appointments, 3 Sep 2014
We have had one of these calendars every year since forever. They are great with enough room to organise as a household diary. Excellent.

Death Can't Take a Joke (Kiszka & Kershaw, Book 2)
Death Can't Take a Joke (Kiszka & Kershaw, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than Her First Book, 12 April 2014
I really enjoyed the first book but this one is even better. Another excellent well plotted page turner and her characters come to life. Enjoy! Caroline

The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries
The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries
by Hairy Bikers

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lamb Pasanda is Great, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this as an early gift for my brother but had a sneak preview and made the Lamb Pasanda which was lovely. So then I tried a beef curry and it worked out equally well. The instructions are clear but unless you cook curry often you might have to buy quite a lot of spices that you might not normally stock. I shall now be getting another copy for my brother's birthday. A good selection of recipes.

Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second copy it is great, 17 Feb 2014
I already had this on Kindle for when I am away but I find a hard copy easier to use at home. The recipes are clear and straightforward and work out so well. My friends carpenter now asks if I will be around and making sweet scones and the cheese ones from this book as they work out so well.

France 2013 (Michelin tourist & motoring atlas - A3 spiral) (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
by Michelin
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin!, 6 Jun 2013
As always accurate and big enough to be clear but not so big as to be a problem managing to use it in the car!

A Patchwork Planet
A Patchwork Planet
by Anne Tyler

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Patchwork Planet (Paperback)
My first read of one of her many books. A good developing light read. Well written with well described characters. Written in her 50's it seems and wonderful character descriptions of aging. I shall read some more of her books!

The Pink Whisk Guide to Cake Making: Brilliant Baking Step-by-Step
The Pink Whisk Guide to Cake Making: Brilliant Baking Step-by-Step
by Ruth Clemens

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruth Clemens recipes are clear, practical, tasty and even I can do them., 21 Mar 2013
I am not much of a baker preferring savouries but have just made Ruth Clemens Baker Extraordinaire (Great British Bake Off) - from her The Pink Whisk Guide To Cake Making recipe for Homemade Tea Cakes and they are fab. Mine are a slightly funny shape and the fruit is trying to escape a couple but they look and taste great and I am quite impressed with myself and very impressed with Ruth and her recipes! I shall practice and am encouraged to try her Berry Tea Loaf. Ruth's style is practical an homely and I for one need telling hold on to the mixer or it may jump onto the floor. I am looking forward to trying her Berry Tea Loaf and Ginger Lime Drizzle cake. If I can do it anyone can.

The Apartment [DVD]
The Apartment [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Lemmon
Offered by 101Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars I just love Jack Lemmon's films, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Apartment [DVD] (DVD)
I just love Jack Lemmon's films. One of those films that you can come back to and enjoy all over again. A great cast!

Private Benjamin [DVD] [1980]
Private Benjamin [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Goldie Hawn

4.0 out of 5 stars As funny as ever, 22 Feb 2013
As funny as ever Goldie Hawn at her best. One of those films that you can come back to and enjoy all over again.

Cole & Mason Precision Grind 14.5 cm Cube Acrylic Salt Mill
Cole & Mason Precision Grind 14.5 cm Cube Acrylic Salt Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the 2nd one I have had, 22 Feb 2013
This was to replace one I droppedonto a tile floor . They are good to use and look well so much so I wanted the same set again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3