Profile for JFranks > Reviews

Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey Protein Powder Drink Mix Strawberry 1590g
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey Protein Powder Drink Mix Strawberry 1590g
Price: 55.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but does have its down sides...., 11 Feb 2014
I have been using Optimum Nutrition’s Platinum Hydrowhey for a Month now and I can confirm that I am extremely pleased with the results.

The protein gets into the system faster than a rat up a drain pipe and I have gained loads of size over this period.

I went for the Supercharged Strawberry Flavour to match my supercharged lifestyle of working in an office and I can confirm that the additional muscle has definitely helped! I am now able to carry many more letters to the post bags and I can pretty much do the entire tea run in one go. (Not all though as one of my colleagues has one of those ridiculous pint sized mugs which throws the whole thing off).

The taste is good; it’s creamy and not over-powering. Very similar to a popular milkshake brand with a rabbit on… that I’m pretty sure I won’t be allowed to mention for some copyright infringement… or something…
However I must report that there are some downsides;

1. People try and steal it; I caught two colleagues in our kitchen helping themselves’, despite my name being written in bold marker on the lid. Naturally I dropped them. Also my colleague Marcus is constantly begging for a bit and telling me how inferior his Whey is to mine, it’s too expensive to Share and the constant begging is annoying.

2. People expect you to help them more; since I gained additional size my Nan is constantly asking me to move the stone bird table around the garden as apparently the birds like ‘a little holiday’ once a week. Also, if an old man gets up on the bus before it stops and is subsequently sent flying 15ft from where he was standing by it coming to a sudden halt, YOU will be expected to be the one to pick him up…

3. People will challenge you; the local youths outside my office are constantly asking me if I can throw a shoe over a house or fight one of their dads, this becomes tedious.

4. People will be jealous of your gains; some skinny guy said my arms looked like corned beef the other day.

Overall a good product, despite the obvious draw backs mentioned above.
Hope this helps.