Profile for Diana > Reviews

Medium Travel Vacuum Storage Bags for Clothes - 50x70cm - Pack of 4
Medium Travel Vacuum Storage Bags for Clothes - 50x70cm - Pack of 4
Offered by only the best deals 4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Mothproofing, 25 April 2016
They're a bit bigger than I had expected so they hold at least 2 jumpers each, but they work well and the seal is good. They will keep the moths away from my woollies!

Croydex World Map PVC Shower Curtain
Croydex World Map PVC Shower Curtain

5.0 out of 5 stars we love finding out about countries as we shower, 15 Mar. 2015
This was a replacement, as we've had this exact shower curtain before, and, as fans of Pointless, we love finding out about countries as we shower!
It's really nice,and works well.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Birthday Presents)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Birthday Presents)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Arrived as planned, seemed to work OK- convenient present!

The Body Control Pilates Pocket Traveller: In Association with British Airways (Pocket Traveller (Pan Books))
by Lynne Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilates for travellers, 28 Oct. 2013
I'm going on a long flight soon, and my Pilates teacher recommended this. It looks as if it will be very useful to keep me fit!

The Demonologist
The Demonologist
by Andrew Pyper

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever, but not so scary, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Demonologist (Paperback)
I was able to receive a proof copy via Newbooks magazine (recommended!), and, yes, the packaging was great. There was a warning not to read this book in the dark, so I did start reading it in daylight, but soon found that I could handle the scary stuff quite easily without the danger of nightmares. The plot does jump around, and if you think about it logically, David Ullmann leaves a trail of mayhem behind him but is never pursued; and how, (without revealing the twist), is he ever going to explain what happens at the end of his quest? I liked all the Paradise Lost references, but hanging the whole plot on the text so that, serendipitously, certain passages give him a clue where to go next, makes it incredible and really a bit too clever-clever. Not as good as I had expected.

Oh Dear!
Oh Dear!
by Rod Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good classic, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Oh Dear! (Hardcover)
I have known and used this book as a librarian for quite some time, and bought it for Christmas for my great-niece who lives on a farm. I think she likes it!

Together
Together

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely singing, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Together (Audio CD)
This was for a Christmas present, and the person for whom I bought this CD is very pleased with it.

15 Large Removal Archive Storage Boxes from Boxpack
15 Large Removal Archive Storage Boxes from Boxpack
Offered by boxpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful boxes, 8 Jan. 2013
We have now bought 2 sets of these, and, if packed sensibly, they are a perfect size for books, so that each box is not too heavy to carry. Recommended by 2 librarians who own a lot of books!

Terry's Dark Chocolate Orange Dark 175 g (Pack of 6)
Terry's Dark Chocolate Orange Dark 175 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Manchester Pickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Velvety smooth, 23 July 2012
I bought these for an Orange Prize event at the library, for quiz prizes. I seemed to have one left at the end, which we thoroughly enjoyed! The women's book prize needs a new sponsor- how about the Terry's Chocolate Orange Prize? It would preserve the continuity, but be different...

Little Fingers Make Fairy Tales PB
Little Fingers Make Fairy Tales PB
by Marie Thom

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping toddlers busy!, 27 Nov. 2011
I'm a librarian working with children, and have found this to be very useful for ideas linking an activity to a simplified version of well-known stories. Children from toddlers to playgroup age can manage these, and they only need glue sticks. You will need to do a bit of cutting out beforehand, but it's well worth the effort, and better than letting them loose with scissors. I'm talking about managing a whole group of children here- adults who are one-to-one with a child may be able to do the cutting out together! I borrowed these in the library, of course, but like this book, and its companion "Little Fingers make Nursery Rhymes" so much that I have bought my own copies to use with grandchildren when I retire.

Page: 1 | 2