Profile for Squg > Reviews

Content by Squg

Squg

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Building Applications with iBeacon: Proximity and Location Services with Bluetooth Low Energy
by Gast, Matthew

1.0 out of 5 stars There's a bit of nice perspective, but it takes 44 pages to get ..., 27 Feb. 2016
Don't expect much here. The book i ridiculously expensive given that it's only 59 pages long. There's a bit of nice perspective, but it takes 44 pages to get round to any actual code, at which point it's in an old language (objective C). A few minutes on Google will give you everything that's here.

iBeacon Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 - 75 Metres (Long Range)
iBeacon Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 - 75 Metres (Long Range)

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustration in a box, 27 Feb. 2016
So far i have spent 2 days trying to configure this device. The documentation provided bears no relation to my actual experience. Possibly I have a faulty device, but the documentation is so vague that it is hard to tell. It may be that if everything goes right, you can sail through this configuration experience, but when it goes wrong you are lost. There is a company support service, and they respond pretty quickly, but i found their answers pretty useless. they just refer you to the documentation which has already failed to answer your questions.

Update: I did finally get it working. I had to delete the associated app and re-install it (I have no idea why that worked and the support were no help)

Beret - Black
Beret - Black
Offered by Hollmes Party Inspiration

1.0 out of 5 stars Look like pants., 25 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Smiffy's French Beret (Apparel)
Let's be honest, It's cheap and so I didn't expect too much. But I did expect it to bear some resemblance to a beret. Actually it looks like you've got a pair of underpants on your head. The 1 * is for the amusement factor for everyone else in seeing how ridiculous you look. I also bought some women's berets supplied by Central Chic which were also cheap but far superior to this.

Womens Quality Plain Beret Hat 100% Wool French Beret Winter Autumn Hat Ladies | Girls Fashion Hats - One Size Fits All (Emerald Green)
Offered by Craze London

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for fancy Dress, 25 Dec. 2015
It's cheap, so don't expect too much. But these are actually well worth the money. They fit a wide range of heads and look pretty good. Admittedly they aren't going to survive in the rain and probably have a short lifespan, but this is fancy dress tat and it does that job well.

33FT FRENCH FLAG 20 FLAGS 10 METERS BUNTING PARTY DECORATION ALL WEATHER BUNTING BASTILLE DAY FRANCE EVENT BANNER
Offered by I LOVE FANCY DRESS

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and high quality. These were exactly what ..., 25 Dec. 2015
Well made and high quality. These were exactly what I wanted. The only minus point was the excessive postage cost charged. That's why i only gave 4 *

Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump
Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it claims., 7 Feb. 2015
It does what it claims. The circulation is not strong, but it's just about adequate for my 4' tank.
Some people have criticised the noise level. That is not consistent with my experience. Compared to my external filter, this is silent.
The major criticism is the length of the cable, which is frankly pathetic. Can they really have saved that much money by making it so short?

Lixada 2m / 6.6ft Portable Retractable Telescopic Table Tennis Net Rack Replacement Ping Pong Kit With Spring Clip (Grey)
Offered by Lixada-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 7 Feb. 2015
It did exactly what I wanted. It's seems robust and fits to any table size. I wish I'd bought one earlier.

River Flows in You
River Flows in You

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because I liked the title track, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: River Flows in You (Audio CD)
I bought this because I liked the title track. I was disappointed with the rest of the album. Only one track is BAD, but the rest is pretty uninspired.

Swift Fundamentals: The Language of iOS Development
Swift Fundamentals: The Language of iOS Development
by Mark Lassoff

3.0 out of 5 stars It's hard for me to judge just how good this would be for a beginner, 30 Nov. 2014
When this book says "Fundamentals" it really means it. This is very much a book for the beginner. I was looking for something to help me make the transition from Objective C to Swift. For me the book was no use.
It's hard for me to judge just how good this would be for a beginner, so take my grading with a pinch of salt.

Keep on Moving: The Best of Angelique Kidjo
Keep on Moving: The Best of Angelique Kidjo

5.0 out of 5 stars A lucky whim, 2 April 2014
I have no idea why I bought this. Just a lucky whim I guess. A strange mixture of blues, funk and African influences which works amazingly well. I just love this album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3