Profile for cb > Reviews

Osmo Polyx Hard wax Oil - Clear Satin 3032 0.75ltr tin
Osmo Polyx Hard wax Oil - Clear Satin 3032 0.75ltr tin
Offered by Eakers Home Improvement Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 23 May 2013
Nothing to dislike; worked as advertised; easy to apply; nice satin finish; two coats needed; hardly any smell; wife very pleased!

Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 6ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Heavy Duty Clothes Rail Garment Rail 6ft Long x 5ft High SUPERIOR QUALITY
Offered by The Shopfitting Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, easy to assemble, 13 Dec. 2012
Excellent product; nice and sturdy; copes well with the weight of clothes we have put on it

Very clever how it all snaps together

Black Widow / Moon USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set. NO MORE BATTERIES!!
Black Widow / Moon USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set. NO MORE BATTERIES!!
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a Ronseal Product - does what it says on the tin, 13 Dec. 2012
Easy to set up on my bike
Brightness is good - I've started to use the front light as a torch as it's better than the one bought for the purpose!
Can't fault it

Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship
Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship

3.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Present - Parents like it!, 13 Dec. 2012
Not sure how it will go down on Christmas Day
But parents seem to think its a really good idea

God of War: The Epic Story of Alexander the Great
God of War: The Epic Story of Alexander the Great

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like 'history' delivered as a boys own adventure novel then this is for you, 13 Dec. 2012
Sort of like an ancient james bond movie or a sword and sandals epic delivered in writing with lots of violence, naughty bits and a pretty good attempt at sticking roughly to the historical thread as we understand it with explanations of who, what and why.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and it's made me want to revisit 'proper' histories of Alexander's time

Aurora AS1018CD 10 Sheet Cross Cut Paper Shredder
Aurora AS1018CD 10 Sheet Cross Cut Paper Shredder

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so very good!, 9 Feb. 2012
Always a tad difficult buying something on-line when you can't test it out or physically touch it and you tend to rely on other reviews for guidance.

Luckily this was a good choice. It shreds very effectively (yes it does do old credit cards and CD's much to my delight and amazement) and makes short work of multiple pages and brochures and the like. Seems robust and the container is amply sized.

All in all a good buy.

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Freddie the Fire Engine (Red)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Freddie the Fire Engine (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars One very satisfied little customer aged 3, 24 Aug. 2011
As the recipient of this gift can't write yet,I am passing on his comments:

Firstly, over the moon with the Fire Engine concept, played with it all day. Great to get all my holiday clothes in (mum was mad because I messed up the carefully laid out piles) and eventually with great reluctance I agreed to put my toys in instead.

Sat on my trunki in the airport lounge and careered around bumping into startled would-be passengers and eventually allowed myself to be wheeled onto the plane.

Stayed close by me all holiday - great as a chair.

Overall very well pleased with my present.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find fault with this excellent device, 13 July 2011
I like the size and weight and above all the quality of the screen and the battery life are both excellent.
Turning pages is quick and organising your library is pretty straightforward.
It's simple to use and downloading books is easy. In truth, though, I search for the book I want using my PC and then go straight to it on the Kindle.

Any criticism's?

Well, obviously, it's not a touch screen device, so after an IPAD or IPHONE it does seem a bit clunky and it's not in colour, so books with nice illustrations are not for this device!

However, if all you want is a single function device, as an e-reader this is difficult to beat, especially when you compare the price to an IPAD.

What I wonder does the future hold? Colour, some touch screen capability, who knows.

A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations
A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations
by Daniel Fleisch

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by Step approach with clear explanations, 18 Jan. 2011
The author has orgaised the material in a lucid step by step approach explaining each concept and it's underlying physical basis with a clear description of the mathematics used to describe it. The author writes clearly and concisely and avoids unexplained jargon. Will suit anyone with a basic understanding of high school maths and physics. It's a pleasure to read and digest.

The Laws of Thermodynamics: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Peter Atkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Primer, 3 Oct. 2010
Short but packed with useful information. Gives a concise and understandable (to this layman anyway) explanation of a topic that is, I suspect, difficult for most non scientists to comprehend. The author manages this feat by using real world examples to start off explanations of what is a rather difficult set of concepts for us mere mortals to grasp.

Took me back to my schooldays but this time around I think I get more of the drift.

Obviously anyone looking for an in depth view on the subject should go to a textbook, but for me this was most useful and has intrigued me enough to go and seek out more detail on a fascinating subject.

Page: 1 | 2