Profile for Mr. M. J. Hoggarth > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. J. Hoggarth

Mr. M. J. Hoggarth "mirag" (KENDAL CUMBRIA)

Page: 1 | 2
2 x SWIDO Anti-Reflective Screen Protector for Canon Powershot SX170 IS / SX-170 IS / SX170IS - PREMIUM QUALITY (non-reflecting, hard-coated, bubble free application)
Offered by Screen Protector Specialist

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 3 July 2014
Doesn't really help when the sun is shining on the screen.

SAVFY® USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Adapter USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter with LED Indicator For PC Desktop Computer Laptop Notebook, Compatible with Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8 & Bluetooth 3.0/ 2.0, Support Bluetooth Stereo
Offered by GMEX Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars DOESN'T WORK, 23 Feb 2014
I was looking for a Blue Tooth Dongle & thought this looked ideal. I downloaded the software & plugged in the dongle to my USB3 and after trying two different mobile phones could not get it to work. I also tried it with another computer - same result. I have emailed Blue Soleil who have not had the decency to answer!! If they do eventually & tell me how to get it to work I will change my rating but until then one*.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 10:47 AM BST

Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - Interface USB 3.0 4-Port Express Card Desktop with 15 pin SATA Power Connector, [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
Offered by Inateck

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS, 19 Aug 2013
Fitted nicely & computer recognised it but the software would not download from the disc. Tried the website as stated on Amazon & couldn't get onto it. Tried to contact Inatek - impossible. Obtained another USB 3 card from a different manufacturer - no problems.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 9:23 AM BST

Canon PIXMA MG3150 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)
Offered by Pearls Books

2.0 out of 5 stars DRINKS INK!, 10 Feb 2013
I bought one of these printers a couple of months ago - not from Amazon - when I used it with the inks supplied it seemed to get through them very quickly but I thought that they were not as full as those purchased separately. However I have found that it drinks ink at a rapid rate and at £27 - £28 a time for cartridges it is not very economical. I found it easy to set up & it does a reasonable job of scanning & the printing isn't too bad either but I would not recommend it to anyone who uses a printer a lot.

1 x Roller blind repair & replacement kit by Swish.
1 x Roller blind repair & replacement kit by Swish.

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE MONEY, 21 Jun 2012
An excellent piece of kit! I bought a roller blind from a well known store & within a couple of months the 'chain' started slipping & had to be adjusted every couple of weeks as the link in the chain would stop the blind unrolling. I was looking at Amazon for a better blind but came across this repair kit. It arrived within a couple of days & took just a few minutes to fit as the screw holes were in the same place as the old one.

Canon PIXMA iP4950 Colour Printer 9600 x 2400 dpi (12.5 ipm Mono and 9.3 ipm Colour)

5.0 out of 5 stars CANON PIXMA iP4950 PRINTER, 13 April 2012
I bought this printer to replace a Canon Pixma iP4200 which I had for over six years - the print head eventually gave up the ghost & a new print head would have cost more than a new printer. I wanted to replace it with a printer with the same options & this was the only real contender. It was easy to set up but being slightly different from the iP4200 I did have a couple of problems which were easily solved - they were making sure the paper setting (rear or cassette) was set right & the other was the cassette tray is different in that this one is expandable whereas the old one wasn't - after reading the instructions everything was OK. I have printed a couple of A4 photos with it & they have come out to a professional standard. If it lasts as long as the old one then I will be happy.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Offered by Annzon Vendor

2.0 out of 5 stars UNECONOMICAL, 1 Mar 2012
I have never had a mouse that can use batteries at the rate this one does, if it isn't switched off when not in use they are flat in no time at all. I have got rid of it after changing the batteries so often I have lost count. Now got a Logitech 185.

Silver Surge Protected 6 Gang Individual Switched Extension Lead, 6 socket
Silver Surge Protected 6 Gang Individual Switched Extension Lead, 6 socket
Offered by only the best deals 4u

4.0 out of 5 stars SCREW HOLES, 13 Jun 2011
The only things that I can fault this extension on are the fact that it does not have an on/off switch to isolate it from the mains, and also that it does not have any slotted 'screw holes' in the back to mount it onto the skirting board. Other wise seems to be very good.

Epson Perfection V330 LED Photo Scanner (4800dpi)
Epson Perfection V330 LED Photo Scanner (4800dpi)

5.0 out of 5 stars PROBLEM WITH EPSON, 22 April 2011
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the scanner - it works fine with very good results. My problem is with Epson. The scanner arrived very promptly on 1.3.11 - I think it was ordered the day before. However when I came to use it I could not get it to work - I couldn't download the software either off the disc or off the internet. I took it to my local Epson agent as per the warranty terms & they diagnosed the problem almost straight away & said that it needed a new power supply, & I had a choice of sending it back to Amazon or they would get one from Epson, I chose the latter. Six weeks later I got the scanner back & it now works. But surely waiting for six weeks to get a replacement part is a bit too much..........

Philips HDR3700 DVD Player/Recorder/160GB HDD - Built in Freeview Digital Tuner
Philips HDR3700 DVD Player/Recorder/160GB HDD - Built in Freeview Digital Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars PHILLIPS HDR3700 DVD Player/Recorder, 23 Sep 2010
I bought one of these units over a year ago & have not had any of the problems experienced by other reviewers, it has worked perfectly all the time. It was easy to set up & at that time worked well as a FreeView receiver, since then I have bought a digital TV & no problems. In fact I like it so much I have ordered another from Amazon for my other TV. With regard to recording one channel & watching another - use an aerial booster/splitter then you can do both.

Page: 1 | 2