Profile for hughdower > Reviews

Content by hughdower

hughdower

Page: 1 | 2
HP 301 Black Original Ink Cartridge (CH561EE)
HP 301 Black Original Ink Cartridge (CH561EE)

4.0 out of 5 stars It is an ink cartridge. I installed it, ..., 28 Aug. 2015
It is an ink cartridge. I installed it, started printing, and it did 77 pages before running out. I contacted the supplier, who told me that without using double line spacing that is about what they would expect. That means printing out a page of A4 writing costs approx 10p, which seems to me to be a rip-off, but what can you do?

Land (Tierra) [1997] [DVD]
Land (Tierra) [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carmelo Gómez
Offered by GREAT4DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Who will he land up with?, 8 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Land (Tierra) [1997] [DVD] (DVD)
Like all Medem's films, this is an enigmatic, but compelling piece, concerned with a land fumigator's interactions with the inhabitants of a rural community, and particularly with his dilemmas concerning two very different women. Mostly set outdoors, the landscapes are very striking.

Quick Release Siphon Hose Hand Pump for Petrol Water Fluid
Quick Release Siphon Hose Hand Pump for Petrol Water Fluid
Offered by A Brilliant Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
It would have helped if there were instructions, since I'm really not sure how to use it.

Wooden Compost Bin 328L in BeeHive Style 337
Wooden Compost Bin 328L in BeeHive Style 337
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A decorative garden feature, 7 April 2014
It seems solid, it looks good, but we've yet to find out how it responds to being full. Smaller than I expected.

Galapagos
Galapagos
by Kurt Vonnegut

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Vonnegut, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Galapagos (Paperback)
I read most of Vonnegut's books in the early 1970's and thought they were great. I hadn't read any more recent ones until this 1985 offering which contains all the best elements of his whacky imagination, served up with a healthy dose of cynicism about contemporary (well,1985, but little has changed) civilisation.

The Definitive Collection
The Definitive Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia., 13 Jan. 2013
Del Shannon was my first pop idol, and it is good to hear his stuff on CD, even if my tastes have changed somewhat.

The Best Of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
The Best Of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 13 Jan. 2013
I've never really rated Fleetwood Mac, though i've always known that they once used to do great stuff. Now I know that it is Peter Green that i really rated.

JSG Accessories® TV DVB-T USB 2.0 Tuner / Receiver /Adapter / Dongle / Stick Freeview with Aerial, Remote Control for PC and Laptop (supports XP / Vista /Windows 7)
Offered by JSG Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as far as it goes., 13 Jan. 2013
As someone who is not technologically conversant, I didn't know what DVB-T meant, and I had hoped that it would be analogue compatible, which means i can't do one of the main things i wanted to do with it which is to transfer material from video to computer.

1.5M Plated Scart to Scart Cable 21 Pin Lead Wire
1.5M Plated Scart to Scart Cable 21 Pin Lead Wire
Offered by CDL Micro

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked, 29 Jun. 2012
It worked. It transfers information from my DVD player to my television, and I'm quite sure it would transfer similar information from my set top box to my TV if I were to try it.

Mere Creation: Science, Faith and Intelligent Design
Mere Creation: Science, Faith and Intelligent Design
by William A. Dembski

3.0 out of 5 stars Evidence of intelligence?, 18 April 2012
This book consists of a lot of essays written by exponents of Intelligent Design. The more reasonable ones, written by people who do believe in evolution, are quite thought-provoking, while the rest, written by morons, are just plain ludicrous.

Page: 1 | 2