Profile for Stephanie Durrans > Reviews

Content by Stephanie Durrans

Stephanie Durrans (PESSAC France)

Spooks: Harry's Diary: Top Secret (Spooks 2)
Spooks: Harry's Diary: Top Secret (Spooks 2)
by Kudos Film And Television Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read for genuine Spooks fans, 2 Jan. 2015
An excellent read for genuine Spooks fans. The first half of the diaries are before the TV series started, then you get diaries involving storylines that you know. Juliet Shaw and his daughter Catherine appear throughout and their evolution, along with Harry's, is intriguing to discover. The only disappointment is there is no Lucas North, who was an officer prior to Tom, but the book was published before Lucas North was invented for the TV series, so no blame there ! A great gift for a Spooks fan.

Alex Durrans

The Nightmare Man [DVD] [1981]
The Nightmare Man [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ James Warwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Fifty viewing later and it still scares..., 4 April 2005
I watched The Nightmare man when it went out way back in 1981 (I was 9) and it scared me to death. I only had vague memories of bits and pieces of the actual story, but the oppressive atmosphere and gurgling shrieks of the creature were still razor sharp a few years later. Luckily, I met someone who had taped it from the TV when it screened and he gave me a copy. This was when I was 17 and it still gave me the shivers. It's true that the production values are very 80s and there is some duff dialogue, but Maurice Roeves and especially Jonathan Newth are exemplary. My favourite line is "Have you noticed something - we've all started (calling the killer) 'It' ". I would recommend this serial to anyone, but watch it in the dark and alone...
Alex Durrans (on my wife's email)