Profile for M. Barber > Reviews

M. Barber (UK)

Pioneer DVR-440HX-S 80GB HDD DVD Recorder - Silver
Pioneer DVR-440HX-S 80GB HDD DVD Recorder - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 17 Jan 2007
Having ordered my first dvd player I waited with much anticipation for it to arrive, and was delighted when I received it a day earlier than expected. I ordered this with first class delivery and everything was as expected.

I was initially slightly worried it would be slightly complicated to set it but I couldn't have been more wrong. Everything was detailed step by step in the manual so you couldn't go wrong. The manual is the most comprehensive I have seen for an electronics product and tells you everything you would ever need to know about the product.

The player itself is sleek and stylish. It looks well made and robust, although you do have to be careful as the hard drive inside is fragile. I'm also very proud to have the Pioneer brand name on the front of it as feel that quality is assured with this.

The player does everything I wanted it to do and much more! I bought this specific player because it is a freeview, dvd player/recorder with a 80GB hard drive and divx player all in one, at a very reasonable price - for anybody wondering about divx it seems to play nearly all formats I have tried including xvid.

I would truly recommend this player to anyone requiring a high spec dvd player at a great price and wanting excellent quality. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

5/5 stars