Profile for Boudicca > Reviews

Content by Boudicca

Boudicca (Norfolk)

Page: 1 | 2
Womens Folding Bamboo Hand Fan with Tassel Wedding Party Gift 20cm Flower Pattern Red
Offered by Highly One

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little fan, 29 May 2016
Gorgeous fan: beautifully made, with nice clean opening and closing action and a smooth 'snap'. Comes in smart little slipcase to keep it clean and cushioned in your handbag when not using it (which also prolongs the life of the fan). Much higher quality than you expect for the price!
I've collected fans for years, and I've never been so impressed by such a cheap one - so I'm buying another three!

Brasher Conditioning Cream - Walking Boot/Shoe Polish - Brown - 100ml
Brasher Conditioning Cream - Walking Boot/Shoe Polish - Brown - 100ml
Offered by Brooklyn Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect, 7 Aug. 2013
Absorbs easily - smells fine - leaves a lovely finish on your boots - reconditions even the most ancient companions to unobtrusive lusciousness. Dead easy to use, and you don't need much of it. Unsurprisingly - because they are so, SO good at making good things - Brasher conditioning cream is, quite simply, the best thing to put on your Brashers. I haven't tried it on any other boots because (thankfully) the only boots I own are Brashers. They are, in my opinion, the best of all walking boots. And this cream is the best thing I've found to put on them. Really good stuff.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2014 11:31 PM GMT

Cranford Collection [DVD] [2007-2009]
Cranford Collection [DVD] [2007-2009]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Gaskell - Come home to Cranford, 7 Aug. 2013
This adaptation of Cranford was rightly celebrated by many, and contains some truly fabulous performances by many of our finest actors. The full box set is a treat no self-respecting single girl should be without. Enjoy - it is a wonderful story, and makes literally everything better!

The Ivy Tree
The Ivy Tree
by Mary Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not fantastic, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Ivy Tree (Paperback)
I'm a fan of Mary Stewart in many ways; this book is good, but I don't think it's quite one of her best. The plot is interesting, with some quite subtle psychological repositioning going on all the way through, as the truth gradually reveals itself, but in this novel her calmness lets Mary down. If Daphne du Maurier had written this, it would be a suspense-laden classic: in Mary's hands, it's somehow fallen slightly on its nose. Still, great fun for a holiday or the beach - and the twists do keep coming, even if you're sure they're all out.

Touch Not the Cat
Touch Not the Cat
by Mary Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her very best, 7 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Touch Not the Cat (Paperback)
I found this novel as a child, and absolutely loved it. But when I tried to buy it as a teenager, it had gone out of print. One day, many years later, thanks to the miracle of Amazon (!), I found it once again.

Reading it as an adult, I must say I am surprised that I enjoyed it so much as a child - there is a lot of content which is definitely aimed more at adults than children! I daresay all that must have gone straight over my head the first time round... It's still a fun, fast-moving and enjoyable story, written in her characteristically dry and matter-of-fact style, with a few well-drawn characters and some good, evocative descriptions. There's nothing deep and meaningful about it, but it's great fun to curl up with - cup of tea in hand - and race through.

Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Can Opener, 19.5 cm (7.5")
Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Can Opener, 19.5 cm (7.5")

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish - do not buy!, 7 Aug. 2013
I was so excited about my new can-opener. I unpacked it, and it looked great. I picked it up, and it felt nice and comfortable in my hand. I used it: and it broke instantly! One of the handles snapped off on the very first turn. They seem to be made very cheaply of plastic, rather than rubber.

I was so disappointed that I tried to mend it (using superglue): but it just broke, instantly, again on use!

Needless to say, I am returning it. Don't buy. If I could give it no stars (while also submitting this review), I would.

Naty by Nature Womencare Bio Sanitary Towels Extra Normal Plus - 4 x Packs of 13 (52 Sanitary Towels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, comfortable and environmentally friendly, 7 Aug. 2013
The interiors are made from some sort of wood pulp - but you would never know. They feel just like cotton. They can feel a little stiff when you first use them, but they soon relax. The wings ensure that they stay put, reliably, without any spillage. These things are never the most glamourous of items, but this brand does the job well: with minimum fuss, maximum dependability and best of all, without damaging the environment (or you, as they are chlorine free!). They are also great value for money.

All in all, I would highly recommend trying them!

The Phantom of the Opera [DVD] [2004]
The Phantom of the Opera [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Aug. 2013
I decided to watch this film on the offchance, and I was simply astounded by how good it was. The sets are incredible: some of the most lavish and magnificent I have ever seen. It's a really lovely Sunday-afternoon-on-the-sofa film. Minnie Driver is hilarious!
NB: it is quite scary, so the 12 should definitely be observed: NOT suitable for younger children.

Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Collection - Murder she Said / Murder Ahoy / Murder At The Gallop / Murder Most Foul (4 Discs) (Box Set) (DVD) [2004]
Dvd ~ Margaret Rutherford

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder Most Fabulous, 26 Sept. 2011
One of the reasons I love Film 4 is that occasionally you will stumble across absolute gems like this by accident. Having caught "Murder At The Gallop" on TV by pure chance, I resolved to seek out more - hence this box set. The quality of the DVDs is excellent, and the quality of the films themselves goes without saying. Hilarious and gripping by turns, they are gorgeously watchable. Just the sort of films to curl up with on the sofa on a wintry night - or a hungover morning!

Movable Salon Massage Bar Stool Office with Wheels
Movable Salon Massage Bar Stool Office with Wheels
Offered by Dkbees

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically comfortable, 26 Sept. 2011
We bought this chair for my mother (after she had had a spinal operation, when ordinary chairs became very painful for her to use). It lives in our kitchen and, now she has recovered, we all fight over it. The best thing is that you can adjust the height - just like an office chair - which makes it supremely comfortable for everyone - no matter how tall or small. Because it has no top, it rolls happily underneath the table, so it doesn't disrupt the look of the room. Always my chair of choice if I have to sit down for a long time (e.g. working at the computer). [The wheels also mean it can be used for scooting around the table!]

Page: 1 | 2