Profile for A. M. Briggs > Reviews

Content by A. M. Briggs

A. M. Briggs "Adrian" (Lincolnshire - UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fender tremolo springs
Fender tremolo springs
Offered by Rich Tone Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fender tremolo springs
I wanted to deck the floating bridge on my Made in Mexico Fender Standard Stratocaster.

It came with three springs and I wanted 5 to deck it solidly.

They came in Fender branded packaging and fitted perfectly.

Airport - The Motors Greatest Hits
Airport - The Motors Greatest Hits

3.0 out of 5 stars Some great tracks and some not so great, 13 Mar 2014
Bought this after seeing Dancing the night away performed on a BBC rock of the 70's show. Fantastic guitar track bursting with energy.

I had heard tracks like Airport and Forget About You before but hadn't realised they were by The Motors or who The Motors were for that matter.

A few good tracks, but a lot of not so great ones too.

Razor Pro III Stunt Scooter - (Black/Blue, 110mm)
Razor Pro III Stunt Scooter - (Black/Blue, 110mm)
Offered by WOMB SECURITY

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters loves this, 13 Feb 2014
This is a great stunt scooter and available at a very reasonable price via Amazon. Much cheaper than Halfords!

Self assembly but can be put together in minutes!

Nerf Rebelle Power Pair
Nerf Rebelle Power Pair
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Power Pair (Toy)
My daughter and I have had great fun with these.

Range quite small but ideal for indoor duels!

Bullets are soft so don't hurt unless you are hit in the eye.

EVA Hard Camera Case for NIKON Coolpix S01 S3300 S4300 S4200 S3300 S3200 S2600 S2700 S3500 S3400 S2550 S3100 S80 S100 S2500 S4150
Offered by Accessories4U-1212

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but zip broke within a week, 13 Feb 2014
Bought this for my daughters camera. She really likes it. But the bit of the zip you grip broke off within a week. The zip still works but now very fiddly to open/shut.

PLATE HANGER 10-14INCH
PLATE HANGER 10-14INCH
Offered by DIY & Homewares

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 13 Feb 2014
The metal is too soft, my plate was 10" i.e. on the small end of the range supposedly supported. But the springs pulled the melt clip out of shape almost instantly. The hanger went straight in the bin. I bought a decent one for about a third of the price from my local hardware store.

Very disappointing

TC Electronic HALL OF FAME MINI Amplifiers Effects Reverb - delay
TC Electronic HALL OF FAME MINI Amplifiers Effects Reverb - delay
Offered by Stompbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple great sounding pedal, 13 Feb 2014
I haven't had any of the noise issues the other reviewer mentions. As he said I think it must have been a bad batch. I bought one of the early TC Flashback delays which had a switch issue. But this was sorted out quickly by the shop I bought it from.

This pedal is very simple on/off and amount. There are a number of nice tones that can be downloaded to it from the TC web site or app. These tones have been specially designed for the simple operation and sound great. Some are a bit 'far out' but you might be looking for that!

The tones are very easy to put on, via a computer and a usb cable. I used the iPod touch app which was even easier, it's amazing you look for a tone print you want and beam it through the guitar strings to the pedal in a matter of seconds. It basically transmits the settings via tones which are read by the pedal, those people around my age will remember that we used to load computer programs to ZX Spectrums via a tape player in a very similar way.

I have actually upgraded to the big brother Hall of Fame pedal because I wanted to tweak a bit more (and I was given some amazon vouchers for my birthday). But the beauty of this pedal is it's simplicity, some of the best amps just have one knob for reverb. Also its quite a bit cheaper than the hall of fame.

Great pedal, buy it you won't regret it.

TeckNet® NANO SIM CARD Cutter from Full or Micro - For iPhone 5, 5S, iPad 4 plus 3 sets adapters

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Oct 2011
This cutter is cheap enough so I can't really complain. It did the job, but 1 star knocked off because.
- It was quite tricky to know how far to push the SIM in. I thought it would just be in the correct place when I slided it fully in. This approach wasted my first SIM - which was a test one. The trick is to use one of the converter adapters to check you have the SIM inserted the correct amount.
- It is more of a punch than a cutter in my view, but that said my sim works fine since being reduced.

Dunlop Carbon Copy Analog Delay Pedal
Dunlop Carbon Copy Analog Delay Pedal
Offered by SchneiderMusic

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the delay pedal you want, 3 Sep 2011
Quite simply a great sounding pedal and much warmer than the digital alternatives.

The power socket on the MXR pedals are slightly more recessed than most so I needed to get a short extension cable to allow it to be powered from my Boss PSU.

GENUINE SAMSUNG GOOGLE NEXUS S BLACK CHECK PATTERN FABRIC SLIDE IN CASE/COVER BULK PACK
Offered by emartbuyuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but a perfect fit, 3 Sep 2011
Not the greatest of looking covers but it is ok. The key point is that this is a great fit for the Nexus S and ideal for protecting it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3