Profile for Jill P > Reviews

Content by Jill P

Jill P "J.P."

Page: 1 | 2
PattyBoutik Cowl Neck Button Embellished Ruched Blouse Top (Grey 12)
PattyBoutik Cowl Neck Button Embellished Ruched Blouse Top (Grey 12)
Offered by PattyBoutikUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Grey cowl neck blouse top - fab buy!, 6 May 2014
Elegant style and extremely comfortable to wear - very soft and non-clingy.
Size-wise, I sometimes get away with a 10 but am usually a 12. For this I went for a 12 and it fits perfectly. The bottom of the top typically sits exactly as shown in the photo, i.e. across the top of the thigh, however because it is ruched and stretchy I can pull it down a little further when wearing leggings to cover my bottom!
Colour-wise, the grey is a true grey, i.e. not a purply or brown-grey - just grey.
Delivery was quick and it came professionally and elegantly packaged - carefully wrapped in tissue paper sealed with a Patty sticker and in a simple flat white box (with the external packaging around that).
I have received compliments each time I've worn it, and I would definitely buy more Patty clothing.

Thermos Foogo Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290 ml, Blue
Thermos Foogo Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290 ml, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for kids but not so much adults, 3 Mar 2014
I was disappointed at the size of this product but I should have paid more attendion to the capacity given in the blurb.
From the picture I was expecting something much bigger - more of a squat tub with a big opening that my other half could take soups/chilli, etc to work in and eat out of directly. However the 190ml capacity means you can't even fit a small tin of soup in it. A fill line would be useful to as it is easy to overfill and then it leaks. I can see why it would be useful for kids lunches but not really big enough for adult portions.

Kipling Monkey Mania Woven Scarf Peony Pink Red
Kipling Monkey Mania Woven Scarf Peony Pink Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Peony pink red scarf very nice but not what I expected, 29 Jan 2014
From the picture I thought this was more of a knitted/woven texture however it is completely flat with brown kipling monkey pattern all over which I guess is what gives that impression. I also expected more of a rich red pink colour but it is more a deep magenta. Good quality and easy to wear. A good size that will double over around neck so ends can be pushed through but without loads of excess, or could be worn as wrap. A little pricey in my view at £28 but I still kept it! WOuld I buy again?-not sure I would, probably because I was expecting something more red and lush for winter snuggle.

Magic Growing Fish
Magic Growing Fish
Offered by Life Unearthed

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing fish did grow!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Magic Growing Fish (Toy)
Bought 3 of these for youngsters in family ranging from 4-10yrs. Fish at least doubled in size over couple of days. Guess tank was a little smaller than I'd imagined at only about 4wx3hx1d inches (from memory) but would still recommend as really good fun for little money.

Amazon Standing Leather Cover, Fuchsia  [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]
Amazon Standing Leather Cover, Fuchsia [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kindle cover and stand, simple design but very effective, 11 Jan 2014
Easy to use, just flip open to turn on and flip shut to turn off both automatically. Easy to find buttons anyway but handy if just want to put it down and forget about it. Sturdy so good protection. Stands well.

CRYSTAL CLEAR PVC VINYL OICLOTH TABLECLOTH WATERPROOF TABLE PROTECTOR COVERINGS MATERIAL PER METRE 135CM WIDTH
Offered by Home-Expressions

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but would be better sent rolled than folded, 27 Dec 2013
This is a useful plastic sheet a couple of mm thick and flexible. I was looking for something to put on my wooden dining table when catering for family. In the end I didn't use it because I didn't have time to get the creases out, and these would have made any glasses placed on the table unbalanced. The creases also meant it was more visible than I'd hoped because they reflected the light. So great as received if you want to protect from kids crayons, and would be fine for catering and glasses if you could flatten it for long enough or iron it (obviously with sufficient cloth between plastic sheet and iron!) to get creases out. Would be better sent rolled than folded then problem solved.

Kipling Women's Sevrine Backpack Handbag K15311A13 Black Snake
Kipling Women's Sevrine Backpack Handbag K15311A13 Black Snake

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 Dec 2013
I love this bag. I bought the black snake skin effect one as a Christmas gift for a friend and was a bit worried about it looking cheap or being too big or too small. However the material looks great and the size is perfect. Big enough for usual purse, phone, keys, notebook/diary, makeup, hair spray etc still the size, material and style means it can go from daytime to nighttime. Has two inside pockets, one with zip and one without so good balance between peace of mind and accessibilty. Also has the usual 2 inside side pockets for phone and other bits you want to hand eg. train tickets. Outside pocket again good for train or show tickets, or phone. Really flexible bag, I will be getting one for myself.

NEW RED GLOBE MOSAIC TEALIGHT LANTERN CANDLE LIT
NEW RED GLOBE MOSAIC TEALIGHT LANTERN CANDLE LIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Red / Orange Globe Mosaic Tealight Lantern - fab, 20 Dec 2013
Really lovely, quality, item and great value for money. I bought both red and orange lanterns for my hearth however being such a nice size they'd look equally good on mantlepiece, hall table or window sill. They look pretty lit or unlit, and when lit they have a warm cosy glow. They arrived really quickly and well packaged too. I'm so pleased with them I'm about to order a couple more for myself and for friends.

SlingPlayer
SlingPlayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great app, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: SlingPlayer (App)
This is a really useful app for controlling your Sky box from another room and watching TV all through your Kindle. I use it to watch TV on my Kindle HD in the bath or from another bedroom to where Sky HD box is. It's a great app but major improvement for me would be navigation as it is spread across a 4 or more menus so cumbersome to use. Eg menu with up,down,left right arrows, menu with play, pause, fast forward, ment with digital keypad, etc. That said it isn't difficult, certainly doesn't stop me using it almost daily. Love it.

Kitchen Timer (Free)
Kitchen Timer (Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Kitchen Timer (Free) (App)
Found this useful a few times now. Easy to use and configure for the cooking times you use most yourself for the dishes you do. Multiple timers would be good please.

Page: 1 | 2