Profile for Miss C J Pearson > Reviews

Content by Miss C J Pearson

Miss C J Pearson

Rob Delaney: Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me cry in public., 26 Jan. 2014
I thought I'd get the kindle version of this to read when I was on a journey from France to England and back by trains. What actually happened is I ended up sitting in Gare du Nord crying with laughter, then a few days later, in St Pancras crying with laughter. In public. Convulsing with laughter and tears rolling down my face, trying not to make any noise do draw any more attention. There are some heartbreaking moments, but the laughter. You need to either be comfortable with crying publicly or read this in private. Also a book worth giving to any "lads" to gently introduce the idea of being hilarious and manly while still respecting the ladies.

The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll through the Hidden Connections of the English Language

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite!, 26 Jan. 2014
I've always been interested in etymology, and this book fills me with such a specific type of joy. What I need is a friend that is also reading this book, so we can be giddy and excited about everything together. I want to tell everyone about every leap from word to word. I find it all so interesting and exciting - BUT I think that even people who aren't as mad about words as me would also find this book really interesting and funny.