Profile for Coticbane > Reviews

Nix 5g Styptic Pencil
Nix 5g Styptic Pencil
Offered by 20Marketing

4.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as advertised, 1 Sep 2014
Having started using a safety razor again, my ageing skin picks up nicks, especially when the blade needs replacing. This stops me looking as though I've tried to slit my own throat or give myself boxing scars.

5 Pcs Plastic Square Blanking End Caps Tubing Tube Inserts 50mm x 50mm
5 Pcs Plastic Square Blanking End Caps Tubing Tube Inserts 50mm x 50mm
Offered by sourcingmap

3.0 out of 5 stars Need a bit of fettling to work., 30 Aug 2014
The cap ends are 50mm as expected, but so are the ribs on the bit that should be inserted (clue, sourcingmap, even your description says "inserts"!), and this is pretty stiff plastic. Needed 5 minutes whittling with a sharp knife to get a good fit. Given the price, 5 mins fiddling is not too much effort, but it would have been trivially easy to have "fixed" this problem at the design stage!

SH02650 Sharp Scientific Calculator ELW506B
SH02650 Sharp Scientific Calculator ELW506B
Offered by Science Studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Kicks Casio into the Long Grass, 30 Aug 2014
Being sold cheaply because, I presume, of its "old fashioned" (i.e. > 2 yrs) shape. Has exactly the same functionality as the new version. Sharp has, I am pleased to see, fixed the one "feature" of its calculators that I didn't like - it is now well-nigh impossible to accidentally change the angle format. Very configurable, from function keys to screen brightness/contrast. Far more built in functions/constants than I'll ever need.

Anker® C200 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons, 3 DPI Adjustment Levels and 2000 DPI (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've ever owned, 7 Aug 2014
I really like this mouse; it fits my hand, and its design puts my hand at the angle I like (about 30 deg to the desk). I thought it wasn't working at first when I put a battery in and the bottom didn't light up; then it dawned that it is IR. When it puts itself to sleep (after 8 minutes inactivity, you need to use the resolution-change button to wake it up.

All the buttons have a very positive feel and the variable resolution is very useful. All functions work as they should with Ubuntu Linux 12.04

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toothbrush, 7 Aug 2014
Got a second onr for my partner, on the advice of our dentist. Does a much better job of tooth-cleaning than my previous (battery-powered) brush. Note that the charger needs a 2-pin socket.

Oral-B Professional Care 600 Pink Special Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toothbrush, 7 Aug 2014
Got this on the advice of my dentist. Does a much better job of tooth-cleaning than my previous (battery-powered) brush. Note that the charger needs a 2-pin socket.

Yoga Mat - Extra Long 183cm x 61cm - Non Slip Exercise/Gym/Camping/Picnic Mat (Green)
Offered by Xett Multimedia Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what I use it for, poor as a gym mat., 7 Aug 2014
Would be pretty awful as an exercise mat: far too thin and a horrid surface. It also stinks like mad and had to be hung in the Sun for 3 days to let the out-gassing complete. However, I didn't buy it as an exercise mat, but to cut up for other purposes, for which it is ideal (and for which a decent exercise mat would be useless).

Morphy 46640 Pressure Cooker, 2.7 Litre
Morphy 46640 Pressure Cooker, 2.7 Litre
Offered by MightyHousewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should do very well, 7 Aug 2014
Cracking little pressure cooker. Replaces a far simpler one that I managed to destroy in use through remarkable stupidity.(don't ask!). Not intuitive to use, if you are used to the "shove the weight on the valve" type ones, so do read the instructions before use.

Flying Spaghetti Monster Car Emblem
Flying Spaghetti Monster Car Emblem
Offered by darwinUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Protected by his Noodly Appendages, 7 Aug 2014
Looks absolutely superb on the back of my Chev. Attracts admiring looks from all and sundry, but the local religious leaders are not happy as their "flocks" are being tempted away by the noodly goodness of the FSM (pesto be upon him!)

Inglenook Waterloo Bucket & Shovel - Black
Inglenook Waterloo Bucket & Shovel - Black
Offered by Topnotchsales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal, but reasonable value for money, 7 Aug 2014
A bit flimsy; I don't expect it to last for more than a few years. However, considering that the sturdy ones cost 3x as much, it's reasonable value for money.

Positives:
* The flat front makes shovelling easier
* It holds a couple of days worth of coal (I use Stoveheat)

So-Sos:
* Supplied shovel very slightly too wide (it fits the flat front, but only just)

Negatives:
* Flimsy metal
* Top handle far too thin: makes carrying uncomfortable
* Rear handle and top-handle brackets are spot-welded on; in my experience, these fail and I'll need to mend with rivets or bolts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9