Profile for M. A. Holburn > Reviews

Content by M. A. Holburn

M. A. Holburn (Hampshire, England)

Counting Down Bruce Springsteen: His 100 Finest Songs
Counting Down Bruce Springsteen: His 100 Finest Songs
by Jim Beviglia

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Springsteen lovers, 10 Sept. 2014
This is an intriguing and fascinating insight into not only some of Springsteen's most famous songs but also some of the more obscure ones. As fans it is always interesting to try and understand what the songs are about even if we sometimes have different interpretations of them. The author demonstrates both his wide knowledge of Springsteen’s work and of the music industry and provides an intelligent interpretation of each song. This book has inspired me to go back and play some of the songs again especially the not so well known ones that I have either dismissed or only ever played a couple of times. This is a must for any fan of the Boss.

The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014]
The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Gaslight Anthem
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Really Poor Sound, 21 May 2014
I went to this show last year. Good show but I rented this DVD out a few weeks ago with a view to buying it but now I don't think it is worth it. The reason it gets a poor rating is that the sound is awful. We had the sound system volume up at its highest and it was still low and poor.

Such a shame as it would have been good otherwise.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming & Charming, 20 May 2014
Brilliant story which I thoroughly enjoyed. A simple story that gives you hope in this world. One of the best books that I have read.
Although I am a cat lover I would recommend this to anyone .

Fleetwood Mac - Unbroken Chain [2004] [DVD]
Fleetwood Mac - Unbroken Chain [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fleetwood Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 2 Nov. 2009
This is probably the worst documentary I have seen on Fleetwood Mac. It is no wonder it is unauthorised and it contains no actual face to face interviews with any band members. It is also factually incorrect. At one point there is one statement from someone interviewed which totally contradicts every other documentary and interview that I have seen on the band. Therefore you can not trust anything that is said from the people speaking about the band is or was true. I am not sure who some of the people are who are interviewed but they do not have a great knowledge on the subject and have obviously never spoken to any of the band's members. You are better off buying the making of Rumors DVD Classic Albums - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [1997] [DVD]or Destiny Rules Fleetwood Mac - Destiny Rules [DVD]which gives you a much better insight into the band and it's personalities.