Profile for Mr. N. R. Jackson > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. R. Jackson

Mr. N. R. Jackson

XCSOURCE® IR Wireless Remote Control for Nikon Coolpix 8800 8400 D40 D7 D70S D50 D80 D90 D5000 D5100 D7000 D3000 D60 P7100 DC54
Offered by XCSOURCE

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a while, now doesn't, 12 Feb 2014
much cheaper than official Nikon but this is the second i've bought which stopped working. Should probably just pay for better quality next time...

WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Adurprise

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted a year and then broke losing all data, 12 Feb 2014
Product worked fine until suddenly one day it didn't. Plugged it in to the computer and it didn't recognise it, just had a flashing white light. I googled the problem and it seems many, many other people have suffered the same problem.

i phoned WD and all they said was that I could pay for data recovery (despite their equipment breaking). No word of whether it was fixable and didn't seem overly bothered by my data loss.

Looks like I've lost 20,000 photos which are either gone permanently or will require an expensive test to attempt to get back.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Photomatix Pro 4.2
Photomatix Pro 4.2
Offered by HDRsoft Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickstarted my photography career, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Photomatix Pro 4.2 (Software)
HDR is a marmite technique- I love it, some don't, but I gave it a go with Photomatix and it has actually defined my photography career since then. i've had a couple of exhibitions and sold many canvases and calendars- all of which are HDR photography. I really love the niche style and this software was an excellent way to create the images. Once merged and tweaked in photomatix I then push to Lightroom for additional work (removing blemishes etc). Would definitely recommend this software if you're interested in HDR.