Profile for Heather Truelove > Reviews

Content by Heather Truelove

Heather Truelove (London, UK)

RapidLash Eye Lash Enhancing Serum
RapidLash Eye Lash Enhancing Serum
Offered by Kathryn Beauty 1

5.0 out of 5 stars A beauty product that actually works!! And I'm a sceptic!, 2 Oct. 2014
It's very rare that I'm motivated to give online reviews for things but I really wanted to share my experience of Rapid Lash Eye Lash Enhancing Serum as it is one of the few 'beauty' products that I've ever used that actually works!! I was very sceptical of the product before I bought it and couldn't believe that it would work but, as I wanted to avoid the costs and potential hassle, of lash extensions for my wedding in December, I thought I'd give this a go. My lashes were pretty short before and very fine (probably from years of using waterproof mascara and eyelash curlers!) and I had a little gap where a couple had fallen out and not grown back. I was a bit aprehensive as I have very sensitive eyes that often water with new products but I didn't have any problems with this at all. I started using Rapid Lash in July 2014 and, after 2 months, I thought that, perhaps, I was noticing a difference (this is after nightly applications before bed which takes about 10 seconds only!). Now, after 3 months, the difference is phenomenal to the point that some friends and family can't believe it! Not only has the 'little gap' I had gone (as all lashes have grown back), my lashes are noticeably thicker and even glossy, and are probably 50% longer - add on some good mascara and the results are very impressive. I've now gone to using it every other night as don't want my lashes to get too much longer but the tube is still going strong so the upfront costs are definitely good value for money. It's definintely not 'rapid' but stick with it and you'll see amazing results.

Total Yoga Collection - 4 Disc Box Set [DVD]
Total Yoga Collection - 4 Disc Box Set [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for beginners!, 1 Mar. 2011
I was looking for a Yoga DVD for beginners and after much browsing, chose this one as it seemed to cover beginners up to more advanced. I have attended a couple of courses on Yoga before so not a complete beginner but I felt like one when trying to do the 'Total Yoga - The Original' which was the first (and only) one I tried as it sounded like it as most suitable for begginers! It goes soooooo quickly and is virtually impossible to do whilst trying to have one eye on the TV and the teachers didn't give enough guidance about how to ensure your postures were correct etc. so it seemed like there was an expected level of understanding that was way above me. The DVD is also from 1994 so is incredibly dated and not very inspiring so I don't think I'll bother trying it again. I'm sure it's much more fun for more advanced Yoga practitioners however so don't discount it if you know what you are doing and don't need much guidance!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 12:53 PM BST

Merrell Women's Waterpro Sandal
Merrell Women's Waterpro Sandal

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterpro? Not for me!, 12 April 2010
I bought these sandals for a trip and have been pleased with Merrell products before but, although they were very comfortable when walking on dry land, as soon as I walked through water in them, the velcro straps at the back of my ankle came undone and were impossible to fix back into place until the velcro had dried!! This happened on several occasions and resulted in me having to take them off each time I approached water if I wanted to have any chance of walking more than a few metres in them afterwards. A real shame as apart from that, I think the design of the sandals is great but the name 'Waterpro' is massively misleading, hence the 3* rating.

Green Wing: Special [DVD] [2006]
Green Wing: Special [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Tamsin Greig
Offered by BLT-Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Wing Special DVD, 13 Sept. 2009
This Green Wing Special DVD is hilariously funny and ties up some of the loose ends that existed at the end of series 2 - definitely worth watching!

Rush Hour Rules
Rush Hour Rules
by Huw Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner!, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Rush Hour Rules (Paperback)
I was given this book by a friend who recommended it to me and I was gripped from the first couple of paragraphs! I found it really hard to put down as each chapter leaves you wanting to know more. Huw definitely has a vivid imagination and although fictional, the story is real enough to be believable which for me, made it even more enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this book for anyone who likes 'action' stories as it's a real page-turner!