ARRAY(0xb51150a8)

The Constant Princess
by Philippa Gregory
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story, a little repetitive., 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Constant Princess (Paperback)
I really enjoy reading Philippa Gregory's books. I love reading about the Tudor court and all it's drama. It was great reading about the early life of Katherine. She is a fascinating character.

Unfortunately, this is the first book that I actually skimmed read parts of. The inner thoughts of Katherine is written in italic. OK Philippa, I get it, Katherine is very upset. You don't need to tell me how upset she is in 16 different ways in the same paragraph. It is a little patronising. I know this is the style of Gregory, but it is over kill in this book.

Successful Living
Successful Living
Price: 1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and inspirational read., 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Successful Living (Kindle Edition)
I decided to read this book because I needed encouragement and advice to start my own business. Not only has this book inspired me, I am now confident in my new business. The things I have learned not only help in the business aspect of my life, but they translate into other areas. I now have more confidence in myself.

Easy to read, easy to digest. I highly recommend it.

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do the desired effect; infact the complete opposite., 25 Mar 2011
Bio Oil has many benefits, so it says, reduces the appearence of stretch marks, uneven skin tone, acne, scars.. etc. The oil, has a slight smell, but nothing too unpleasent.

I have large deep purple stretch marks on my thighs and upper legs due to weight gain and loss. I tried everything I know of, as I have quite sensitive skin, I try to opt for organic natural remedies. I tried lemon juice, aloe vera, tea tree oil, expensive stretch mark creams and oils. And nothing worked. I purchased Bio Oil after reading the positive reviews on here. Now I have used it every day for three months, like the bottle suggests. And the results are awful. In fact, my stretch marks became worse. They were more purple and more obvious. I have now stopped using Bio Oil, and now use palmers cocao butter tummy rub. Which I had for 2 weeks and already my stretch marks are faded to a healthy pink! I am so pleased.

I now use Bio Oil as an intensive moisturiser. A lot of it does go a long way. But it is rather expensive for something that hasn't personally worked for me, and I am never using this product again.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks 125g
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks 125g
Offered by E.T. Browne UK Ltd.
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a stretch mark cream that works!, 25 Mar 2011
For some time now I have large deep, purple stretch marks on my thighs and upper legs, due to weight gain and weight loss. I have tried everything I know to try to make them fade. Lemon juice, Aloe vera, Tea tree oil, and other expensive stretch mark creams and oils, including bio oil. (which in my opinion, had made the stretch marks worse!) Then after seeing good reviews on youtube and on here about palmers cocoa tummy butter, I thought I might as well try it, as it is cheap and what can go wrong?

Well, after using it for two weeks, I can see the difference already. My stretch marks have faded to a more pinky colour. I think in another 2 weeks they will be gone or almost. I am so pleased. The butter itself, is highly moisturising and a little goes a long way, yes there is a faint smell, but it isn't unpleasent. Your skin does feel a little greasy afterwards, but once it is absorbed your skin feels great. I also use it on any dry patches on my knees and feet, before I go to bed. And I wake up with lovely silky feet! You can use the butter liberally, and apply it as many times a day as you want. I use it before I go to bed, and sometimes in the morning and already I have seen results.

I highly recommend this product. Buy it! It is so worth it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2013 10:11 PM BST

The Non-beardy Beer Book: An Alternative Guide to the UK's Favourite Beers, Lagers and Ciders
by Paul Brown
Price: 7.36

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book about Beer!, 25 Aug 2010
This book is full of information about beer/ales/lagers from all over the world, but are the UKs favourite beers. Each page is dedicated to a beer, with a description of taste and any other information about the beer, such as were it is made and how, the alcohol percentage etc. It is full of humour and interesting facts. Ideal for someone who likes their drink, or someone who is interested in beer and expanding their pub talk knowledge!

I Love Coffee!: Over 100 Easy and Delicious Coffee Drinks
I Love Coffee!: Over 100 Easy and Delicious Coffee Drinks
by Susan Zimmer
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and useful recipe book., 23 July 2010
Perfect for coffee lovers! The book is divided into parts, first part being the origin of different coffee beans, how they are made, processed etc. Second part is full of easy step by step coffee recipes. I didn't know you could do so much with coffee! Easy to read, colourful book, will make a nice gift.

Perfect 10 French manicure - Beautiful Bare
Perfect 10 French manicure - Beautiful Bare

2.0 out of 5 stars I did it myself, without the help of the strips., 23 July 2010
Simple and easy. The nude colour is watery, but it dries smooth and even. The strips to help you with the white tips are awful! Despite waiting for my nails to dry, once it was time to peel them off it took of the varnish with them. The strips were far too sticky and you only get 20 of them. So I did them by hand and they have turned out great. I used my own clear nail varnish on top. (this box doesn't have clear nail varnish)

Luxury Solid Sterling Silver Blue Shamrock Pendant & 16" Sterling Silver Chain Necklace - Ideal for Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Valentines Day or Mothers Day Gift
Offered by LetsBuyGold Jewellers
Price: 59.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely piece, 27 May 2010
This is a very colourful cute piece. Ideal for mothers day, mum presents etc... The pendant itself isn't too large or too small, just right. It is comfortable to wear and doesn't scratch against the skin. It is very blingy! Looks stunning with a matching blue dress/top or other pieces of jewellery. The gift box suits the necklace also.

Hush Puppies Women's Maiden Wedge Sandal
Hush Puppies Women's Maiden Wedge Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable!, 27 May 2010
I wanted a pair of white wedge sandals, and thought I go for these and I am so glad. They are so comfortable to wear! They don't hurt at all and there is no pressure on the balls of the feet. The straps don't cut into my feet or toes. The ribbon detail along the wedge heel is very cute. I have had a lot of compliments about them too. However, I do find them not as sexy as I would like. Being in my mid twenties, they sort of remind me of granny shoes! (Sorry!) I would of liked some more detailing on the front of the shoe. But that's my personal taste.

Faux Pearl Stud Earrings Set - 3 Pairs (Pink, Lilac&White-10mm)
Faux Pearl Stud Earrings Set - 3 Pairs (Pink, Lilac&White-10mm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but a tad expensive for faux earings., 3 Nov 2009
These are nice earings. But for what they are, it isn't worth the money. I bought these for my niece who is young and likes the colour pink. The faux pearls are large and shiny, and will do. Slighty disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4