Profile for Mark Neal > Reviews

USB LED Clock Fan
Offered by GamesQuest

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and fun, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: USB LED Clock Fan
This is a fun and well constructed item with a quality chrome finish.

As described with a nice level of cool quiet air flow.

Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad  - Black
Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for carrying iPad & iPhone around the home, 10 Jan 2014
Instead of having expensive iOS devices scattered around the place waiting to be crushed, I pop the ipad into the main compartment and the iPhone into the side compartment and don't worry about them slipping out of my hands when moving about or off surfaces and the bonus is you can go without a protective cover on the ipad and feel the bare device in your hands how apple intended it.

Birkenstock Arizona 151211 Normal Width Unisex Clogs, Stone Nubuk, EU 46
Birkenstock Arizona 151211 Normal Width Unisex Clogs, Stone Nubuk, EU 46

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Crocs & Fit Flops, 10 Jan 2014
Been looking for ages for house slippers that weren't too hot or created static that electrocuted the cats when stroked! At last I found these. Crocs create a lot of static on laminate floors! Fit Flop Clogs are soooo hot that they make your feet smell. These are just right. Gonna try the Birkenstock Madrid next for even less straps and easy on/off.

OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
Offered by SM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless can opening, 10 Jan 2014
You know how we hang on to stuff that works, but don't register the gradual decline in function. Well I replaced a perfectly working (i thought) can opener for this and the difference was surprising. How it cut through the can so easily and smoothly without the need for a hard grip. Add to that the usual OXO soft handles and it is a surprising improvement on what I was used to :)

Braun Men's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Grey Silicone Strap BN0111WHGYG
Offered by WatchWarehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality and feel, 14 Dec 2013
It has a larger round face than I expected, but am happy. Especially the texture of the rubber strap. Would like the other colours as well now. Take great care cutting down to your wrist size, and cut equal sections on each end to keep clasp center - there's no going back once you've cut!!!!

COLT® Micro To Nano SIM Card Cutter Converter - For iPhone 5, 5S, iPad 4 plus 3 sets adaptors
Offered by MPB Trading International

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Not as described - Full size sime to Nano sized only, not Micro to Nano without the little metal adapter needed, 14 Dec 2013
I bought this item 3 times and never got the needed metal adapter accessory to cut micro to nano, therefore it could only safely do full size to nano. The plastic adapters are for once you have cut down to nano and need to put into a device that requires the larger micro or full size. Therefore this item is not as described and only cuts full size sim to nano, and not micro to nano. Amazon did everything they could to supply the correct item, but they just fulfill for MPB Trading International who's stock doesn't seem to have the vital metal tray adapter accessory. Will work fine if you just want to cut full size sim to nano size i think, as it is the same packaging and look as my old full to micro cutter.

Swanson Feverfew Extract 500mg, 60 Capsules
Swanson Feverfew Extract 500mg, 60 Capsules
Offered by healthmonthly-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get in UK. A great preventative of migraines, 21 April 2013
Its become impossible to get a standardised feverfew capsule in UK, and it is so good as a preventative to my migraine, when taken regularly for at least a few weeks and I keep taking them. This isn't a instant relief method, and if you expect quick relief you will be disappointed. After 27 years of migraines, this herb really helps. Reasonable price compared to all others and a quality product

FitFlop Mens Mens Gogh Suede Chocolate Chocolate UK12
FitFlop Mens Mens Gogh Suede Chocolate Chocolate UK12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, quality, price, delivery and function, 21 April 2013
The women in my family have been big fitflop fans for a while now, and i kinda wished i could try them, and have always liked slip in clog style, so this had to be tried. Being a usual UK 12 / Euro 46 I was sad to read that you need to size up for these to fit, because fitflop dont go bigger than 12/46, so i had to take a gamble, which really paid off because not only where they a perfect fit but they even had the width that i need, so I am very happy indoors and out. Took a long walk yesterday and my feet were happier than in my usual air cushion soled shoes, and the next day no aches, except slight muscle awakening the the buttocks. They're so good, I have ordered a second pair. Delivery was 3 days early also, with a text message from Royal Mail on the morning of delivery, so i stayed in and caught it :)))

Icybox IB-AC610 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub
Icybox IB-AC610 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub

2.0 out of 5 stars Style Over Stability, 12 Jun 2012
I wanted to add USB 3.0 to two oldish self built systems, so I had added cheap TeckNet USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card (Molex Splitter NOT included)(£9.98).

However, I wasn't happy with the overall stability of my connected 2.5 & 3.5 external USB 3.0 hard drives.

First I made sure I had the latest PCI Card Renesas Electronics firmware and Window 7 x64 USB 3.0 Host Controller Drivers, then bought this Icybox IB-AC610 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub (£34.54) which stabalised things a little but not enough for me to be confident with the new format.

BUT when I got the Uspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 + USB 3.0 Cable + Power Adapter (£34.98) the stability of all the mounted hard drives became solid even with the USB 3.0 power management functions back on!

I was very surprised because I thought the Uspeed looked a little cheap compared to the IcyBox.

Also the IcyBox came with a two pin plug which I had to adapt to 3 pin UK one and the main USB 3.0 connector is the smaller less stable slim type.

The IcyBox is neat and compact, but at the same price as the Uspeed which has 3 more ports and is much more stable than the IcyBox, I would have to recommend the Uspeed product over this. The Uspeed is very light plastic build, and the IcyBox is dense metal build, which kind of spoils its small portability because it is heavy!

I wish someone had posted this info before I bought the IcyBox :(

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 36W Power Adapter and 3ft USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 Hub which has a great stabalising effect, 12 Jun 2012
I have now bought two of these Uspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 + USB 3.0 Cable + Power Adapter (£34.98), for two oldish self built systems, to which I had added cheap TeckNet USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card (Molex Splitter NOT included)(£9.98).

First I made sure I had the latest PCI Card Renesas Electronics firmware and Window 7 x64 USB 3.0 Host Controller Drivers, then bought a Icybox IB-AC610 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub (£34.54) which stabalised things a little but not enough for me to be confident with the new format.

BUT when I got this Uspeed USB 3.0 7 Port Hub the stability of all the mounted hard drives became solid even with the USB 3.0 power management functions back on!

I was very surprised because I thought it looked a little cheap.

Glad I took the gamble.