Profile for TANIA ANDERSON > Reviews

Content by TANIA ANDERSON

TANIA ANDERSON "Tania" (Scarborough, UK)

These Things Hidden
These Things Hidden

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Diane Chamberlain you will love this, 19 May 2014
A fab book with twists and turns I wasn't expecting. Highly recommended. I read it in a day, I just couldn't put it down!!

Deadly Intent
Deadly Intent

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Deadly Intent (Kindle Edition)
Loved this story....the ending is very good! Got a bit confusing in the middle with the piecing together of everything but it had me hooked throughout!

Clean Cut
Clean Cut

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Clean Cut (Kindle Edition)
I did not enjoy this story as much as other Lynda la plante ones. I agree with a lot of the other reviews that there is an undercurrent of racism throughout this story and the changes in Langtons character in this book I found to be quite disappointing. It's an ok read but not sure I would recommend it.

Above Suspicion
Above Suspicion

5.0 out of 5 stars My first La Plante book, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Above Suspicion (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book as a 99p daily deal, I had heard of the writer but never read her work before. I really really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down!

Sworn Secret
Sworn Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow beginning but worth persevering with!, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sworn Secret (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't really sure about this book to begin with, the way the author referred to characters without explanation of who they were was something I initially found confusing. I would say that the first half of this story is quite slow to get going however once the story began to take shape half way through I very much enjoyed it. The characters are interesting, have depth and all link to one another well. I would recommend this book, just be prepared to wade through the first half!

The Escape Artist
The Escape Artist

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous author, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Escape Artist (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant read from Diane Chamberlain! Loved the characters Susanna/Kim was very easy to relate to and the back story was very believable, would definitely recommend!

Fire and Rain
Fire and Rain

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fire and Rain (Kindle Edition)
Another lovely story by Diane Chamberlain, very much enjoyed this one and loved the characters! I would recommend this book!

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't really get it!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
For many years people have told me I MUST read this book. So I thought it was about time I did so before the film comes out. I found the pace of the book rather slow, the switching of topics and discussions of swimming pools and such rather quite odd. In all honesty I did not particularly enjoy this book. As a novel the story is boring with no proper ending and as a great philosophical work I found it rather lacking. I studied philosophy at university and could recommend far better books if one is interested in tackling such concepts as freedom and survival. On the whole I would not recommend this book.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2014 8:10 AM BST

Secret Lives
Secret Lives

3.0 out of 5 stars Big fan of Diane Chamberlain, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Secret Lives (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of Diane Chamberlain 's books and think she is a fantastic writer. The storyline in Secret Lives was gripping, as always but I must admit that I found relating to and understanding Ltd, one of the main characters quite difficult. This did not ruin the story for me and I would still recommend the book to Diane Chamberlain fans, but it certainly not a favourite of mine.

My Sister's Keeper [DVD]
My Sister's Keeper [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz
Offered by MusicnMedia

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the book AFTER watching this film!, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper [DVD] (DVD)
First and foremost that as a rule I never normally write reviews. However, my feelings and opinions about this film are such that I feel compelled to share them!

My Sisters Keeper was the second Jodi Picoult book I read and only one of two books which have ever moved me to tears (I read at least one book per week). I truly recommend reading the book. However, the film.....

I eagerly awaited the release of this film at the cinema and was truly disppointed by it. Now I am not naive enough to expect that the whole book could be condensed into a two hour film, or that the depth of the characters could be properly explored in that time either. But what utterly disppointed me is that the essence and soul of the story was lost completely. My Sisters Keeper, the book, is a story about a girl who grows up in a family where her sister has cancer. My Sisters Keeper, the film, is about a girl who has cancer. They are not the same story! Yes, the characters names may be the same but in my opinion this is where the similarities end!!

I could go on and on about what I disliked about the film, and beleive me I did for days and days after seeing it! But really what I wanted to say to people who are considering watching this film is that they should as I honestly believe I would have loved it and would be gushing about it here if I had not read the book.

But I would also like to say that after watching this film you MUST read the book, even if you are not generally a reader I promise you will love it!