Profile for Dr. Adenrele Adeodu > Reviews

Content by Dr. Adenrele A...

Dr. Adenrele Adeodu (UK)

My Man Jeeves
My Man Jeeves
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: My Man Jeeves (Kindle Edition)
The stories were entertaining and I found something to laugh about on almost every page. The book has more than paid for itself in the enjoyment it brought me.
Highly recommended!

Clinical Governance: A Guide to Implementation for Healthcare Professionals
Clinical Governance: A Guide to Implementation for Healthcare Professionals
by Robert McSherry

3.0 out of 5 stars Clinical governance, 8 Jun 2009
Looking for a comprehensive, if somewhat verbose, introduction to clinical governance? Then you may just like this book.

The authors discuss the social, political and professional factors that brought clinical governace to healthcare. They describe the components of effective clinical governance. They explain implementation of clinical governance and provide some case studies. There is also a detailed discussion of the barriers to implementing clinical governance. There are some questions to encourage readers to reflect at the beginning of each chapter. I found this quite stimulating and I felt much more engaged with the text in my quest for answers. You can compare your thoughts with the 'exercise answers' at the end of the chapter.

The downside is that the writing is so formal that it seems stilted. In their commendable effort to be thorough, the authors have also provided too much information. This turns an otherwise good book into a somewhat tedious read. Pity really, it could have earned five sparkling stars rather than three dull stars.