Profile for Aberdour Humby > Reviews

Out Stealing Horses
by Per Petterson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 21 April 2008
This review is from: Out Stealing Horses (Paperback)
Just a wonderful book from start to finish. The kind of book you just don't want to end. I stumbled across this by accident and am very glad I did. Simply a great novel.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars suffered in translation perhaps, 14 Mar 2008
I was a little bit disapointed in this book I have to say. I got through it but at times I almost gave up. The story takes a long time to get going, and when the real action happens it almost feels like its too rushed. And the ending is too neat, too easy. Except for the last page which was actually quite emotional. Confusing eh ? And as some other reviewers have mentioned the English translation isn't great. I'm sure its a better book in the original Swedish.

Hurting Distance: Culver Valley Crime Book 2
Hurting Distance: Culver Valley Crime Book 2
by Sophie Hannah
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars not brilliant, 19 Oct 2007
I have to disagree with most of the other reviewers and say I felt it started well, interesting scenario, interesting main character, but as the book went on it descended into a less and less believable crime thriller and the last section was pretty ridiculous.

Dunfermline
Dunfermline
Offered by the_record_factory
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with energy and tunes, 18 May 2007
This review is from: Dunfermline (Audio CD)
Virtually every song on this compilation is brilliant. From the earlier more punk stuff to the later more pretentious stuff its just packed with soaring choruses, unforgettable riffs and some of the daftest lyrics ever. If you like any punk/new-wave stuff you have to have this album. I never ever tire of it.

Spanish: Level 2 (Learn in Your Car)
Spanish: Level 2 (Learn in Your Car)
by /CD
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Too dry, 21 Dec 2005
I really have to force myself to put this CD on in the car. A fun way to learn it certainly isn't. Basically a woman with an American accent says a phrase in English then a Spanish man repeats it in Spanish twice. That's it, over and over. The word "dry" doesn't even come close.