Profile for ck2010 > Reviews

Fruit Drops - Match three puzzle
Fruit Drops - Match three puzzle
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars fun but not too difficult, 11 Sep 2013
I enjoyed this game. It was fun and addictive, but was easy to progress through the levels. However you need to have the sound turned down as the voice is quite annoying.

Boutique Knits: 20+ Must Have Accessories
Boutique Knits: 20+ Must Have Accessories
by Laura Irwin
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Fantastic knits!, 27 Sep 2010
This a great book that is quite inspiring. I have already knitted the hat on the cover and have embarked on another. I would love to do the tulip tunic but am not sure if I am up to it (I would have preferred it without pockets which make it stick out at the side, but don't think I will be able to work out how to alter the pattern - maybe all will be clear if I start to knit it...). My sis-in-law loved the book and is even tempted to take up knitting!

The Knitting and Crochet Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitting and Crochet
by Claire Crompton
Price: 13.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks very useful, 1 April 2010
I like the look of this book although I haven't used it properly yet so I am not sure what it is really like. The projects are interesting and I am looking forward to making some of them - just have to get the yarn and finish off the scarves I am currently knitting (that's about my skill level at the moment!) I am also keen to learn to crochet which is the main reason I bought the book.

Pizza Peel Small. 26" long with 12 x 14" blade
Pizza Peel Small. 26" long with 12 x 14" blade
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies
Price: 15.68

3.0 out of 5 stars This peel is NOT the one in the picture!!!!, 22 Feb 2010
This peel does NOT have a wooden handle - you have to read the description carefully which says 'tubular aluminium handle'. The peel is compact and is quite nice, but if you are expecting a traditional looking peel, you will be disappointed.

ARTISAN BREAD IN 5 MINUTES A DAY: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
ARTISAN BREAD IN 5 MINUTES A DAY: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
by Jeff Hertzberg & Zoe Francois
Price: 14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to be able to bake bread but........, 22 Feb 2010
I don't know what went wrong, but I suspect the water was too hot and killed off the yeast, and my loaves didn't rise and the result was a heavy, doughy lump. Also, the mixture got black mould on the top in less than a week, though it is supposed to keep for 2 weeks. It's put me off but I intend to have another go as I really like the idea of being able to make my own bread quickly and easily.

I am not sure how authentic the recipes are - the ciabatta recipe is just the same basic dough with white flour to dust, rather than the cornmeal used for the basic recipe. I thought that genuine ciabatta has olive oil in it.