Profile for Anon > Reviews

22 Dreams
22 Dreams
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mod Father Evolves, 28 Jun 2008
This review is from: 22 Dreams (Audio CD)
All good talented musicians evolve in time. This is something very different from the Mod Father. But I actually like it very much.

These Streets
These Streets

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Class, 23 Dec 2006
This review is from: These Streets (Audio CD)
A brilliant debut album from someone that deserves Best Album of 2006.

Every track a real winner. I love it. Paolo Nutini will be even hotter in 2007. I have bought this CD for 2 friends this Xmas as I know they will be pleased I have introduced yet another talent to their collection.

Before the Last All Clear
Before the Last All Clear
by Ray Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Evocotive,Sorrowful, Uplifting, 27 Feb 2006
Although I have not read the book by Ray Evans, I read the serialisation in the Daily Mail newspaper. I thought the story was so true to that era, although it was way before my birth in the mid sixties. It read as if it was my Father telling me his wartime memories of a young child having to leave home. I found the script immensley moving and it moved me to tears more than once in the short piece that I read. My father is not a book worm like me, but was born in 1938 and has told me how he could identify with Mr Evans memories and he too was emotionally moved to tears whilst reading the piece in the newspaper, infact he was so moved by it he has since told me this is the one and only book that he has ever yearned to read cover to cover! I am sure when he gets around to turning the pages there will no doubt be a few more tears. All in all its a wonderful warm tale of a young boys survival. Mr Eavns has done himself proud!

As Is Now
As Is Now
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars The Modfather still ROCKS!!!, 18 Feb 2006
This review is from: As Is Now (Audio CD)
This is by far one of the best from the Modfather himself. I love it, and Blink and you'll miss it is my fav track. Just shows Paul's fire is still burnin. The best since Stanley Road.
Conrgats too on Paul's BRIT for Outstanding Contribution to music. Paul's music has been very meaningful to me especially through my teenage years as a "Modette".