Profile for Powerhooper > Reviews

Content by Powerhooper

Powerhooper "Passionate about Women's Fitness" (Norway)

Belkin CoolSpot Laptop Cooling Pad for Laptops up to 17" - Black
Belkin CoolSpot Laptop Cooling Pad for Laptops up to 17" - Black
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Less effective but great for travel, 30 Jan. 2014
I spent several hours researching cooling pads for my 11" Air and 17.4" Pro laptops. My top priorities were that the hot air blows sideways or backwards (not down into my lap) and that the fans were QUIET. I also wanted stops to keep the feet from sliding forward, and an undersurface I could use comfortably on my lap. I settled on this Belkin for the small machine and am pleased with the purchase - it carries away the heat, is nice and quiet, and it's lightweight and smaller for travel. However, when I tried it with my larger Pro, it wasn't up to the task. If you have a larger machine that gets particularly hot, go for the Targus Lap Chill with its dual fans.

Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches
Targus AWE55EU Laptop Cooling Pad Two Fans Laptop Cooler Fits - 15-17 Inches

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the market, 30 Jan. 2014
I spent several hours researching cooling pads for my 11" Air and 17.4" Pro laptops. My top priorities were that the hot air blows sideways or backwards (not down into my lap) and that the fans were QUIET. I also wanted stops to keep the feet from sliding forward, and an undersurface I could use comfortably on my lap. I settled on this Targus for the larger machine, which gets extremely hot when I open a lot of browser tabs or use demanding software. I must say that this product was far and away the best cooling mat I've ever seen or tried. It's remarkable how well it carries away the heat, and how quiet it is - especially considering that it has two fans. I am buying more of these as gifts for my staff, because I suspect that overheating may be responsible for their frequent hard drive crashes. Just a note - I settled on the Belkin CoolSpot for my little laptop, which is more lightweight and smaller for travel. It works well for that small machine, but when I tried it with my larger Pro, it wasn't up to the task. If you have a larger machine that gets hot, go for this Targus with its dual fans.

Contour Design Rollermouse FREE2
Contour Design Rollermouse FREE2

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 16 Jan. 2013
This is a well thought-out product, beautifully designed and very well built. The mechanical quality is excellent, and it feels good to use.

It takes a little time to get used to, but it's time well spent.

This "mouse" works better, the shorter the distance is between the spacebar and the front edge of the keyboard. If the keyboard has a wide "wrist rest" that can't be taken off, or is of the split design variety, the roller will be more under your wrist than under your thumb, and the ergonomics won't be ideal.