Profile for G. R. Webb > Reviews

Sony DK36 i1 ii Charging Dock for Smartphone
Sony DK36 i1 ii Charging Dock for Smartphone
Price: 17.80

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but way overpriced., 21 Aug 2014
This is ok, but way over priced for what it is. For the cost of this, they could have invested in a chunk of metal to pop inside to weigh it down. It's just too light. It would be so much better if you could remove the phone one-handed without having to faff about holding the base down to stop it lifting up with the handset. I will probably get some velcro pads and use that in the places on my desk where I often stand this. So this along with the fact you don't even get a USB cable with it makes it a rear rip off. The profit somebody is making on these must be huge. I think we buyers are just paying for the Sony name embossed on the top of it.

Together
Together
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lulu has a great voice and just gets hotter and hotter with age., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Together (MP3 Download)
Great album containing a collection of duets with other artists (hence the name Together). Lulu has such a great voice that never ages. Just like her face and figure.

Bose  SIE2 Extension Cable for Sport Headphones - Green
Bose SIE2 Extension Cable for Sport Headphones - Green
Price: 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted, 12 May 2014
I purchased this for use with my Bose QC20 inner ear noise cancelling phones. The QC20's have a silly short stubby cable coming off the battery box that almost forces you to fold the cable over too tight. So I wanted something that would give me a little more play on the end of the cable, and still retain good sound by using quality cable. This fitted the bill perfectly.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart, thin, and functional, 3 May 2014
The three words in my review title sums this up. I did however drop a star for one reason. That is, you can't really use the cover as a stand in landscape mode. Half of the back hinges back so that you can position it to do so, but there is no slot or anything to hold it in place. So in some ways, it seems unfinished. That said, it serves the purpose of protecting my Z2 pretty well.

Bose  QuietComfort  20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Price: 259.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but you can see why, 3 May 2014
I already own a set of Bose QC15 over ear noise cancelling cans (also expensive), but the trouble is, they look a bit odd when out and about or on a train. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy these to compliment them after having them in my wish list for ages. As normal, the noise cancelling is fantastic and well ahead of anything else I have tried. They are slightly better than my QC15's but that could be because they go in your ear which in itself gives a reduction in external noise. I did actually put them on while driving my car (3 litre diesel) to see how they cancelled, and was astounded. It was actually really spooky and like driving a battery car (not that I ever had). I heard NOTHING !! The sound quality is not as good as some other headphones/earphones as others have also reported, but I think this may have something to do with the cancellation circuitry. Does not bother me though as it was the NC that I really want to work well - and by eck it does that. As far as comfort goes, I thought the the strange pokey out things would be uncomfortable, but was really surprised at how comfy and secure they were.

Clearly, a lot of expense and effort has gone into the development of these. I just wish I didn't have to pay so much for them :(

Day 2 update:

One thought for improvement - The cable from the battery box to the input plug is very short and gets angled over tight. I think this would have been better if it had a 3.5mm plug in it allowing a longer cable to be used if you wish. Maybe even a socket at both ends which would make it a modular replaceable unit.

The soft carry case is slightly too small which forces you to wrap the set up quite tight. It only needed to be about 5mm longer.

The battery box is nice to the touch, but the rubbery coating is a bit of a dust magnet.

Day 3 update:

The right hand earpiece started cracking quite loudly after about 30 minutes of use. So I contacted Amazon to return them and get them swapped out. Top marks to Amazon's customer servces. I had a brand new set delivered to me at work the very next day, printed off the label they sent me, boxed up the original pair and labeled it, and walked to the garage next door (Collect+) to send them back. I could not ask for anything more (apart from the fact that Collect+ is rubbish due to flakey technology. Happens to me every time)

Bissell Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
Bissell Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner
Offered by thurgo - ltd
Price: 229.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first impressions after initial use, 26 April 2014
I bought this to replace a Vax unit we had before but I never really rated it, and the cleaning was next to useless. So I avaoided the temptation to buy one of the many other Vax units and decided to go for this Bissell cleaner after seeing great reviews on it. I am so glad I did. We have beige carpets and a messy black labrador (labrarot actually). I did actually use the Vax to wash the dining room carpet only about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and it wasn't that great. So this turned up today and I got straight to work.

The Bissell was very easy to assemble needing just a phillips head screwdriver (not supplied). The instructions are brief, but to the point. The small bottle of cleaner fluid that came with it is only enough to do an average size room once, so bear this in mind. I did order a 5L bottle of fluid at the same time, but this was not on Prime, so I am still waiting. Clean water goes in the same place as the dirty water comes out, but the two are kept separate by a bladder inside the bottom section. The cleaning fluid is mixed in with clean water in a resovoir in the back between the big wheels. The operations are easy and self explanitory.

I fired it up and started to go. We noted at first that it was not picking up the water out of the carpet, so I took the base of and put it back on again which cured that, so you need to ensure it is sat firmly in place. Also, I got a lot of soggy carpet fluff getting trailed out of the back. But I think this just shows how much of a scrub the carpet was getting. Having a wife to hand to pick the bits up as I went was mort useful. Push forwards while pressing the trigger to release the heated up mixture, then pull back over the same area without the trigger pulled to suck it up. All this time, the scrubber are spinning away.

The finished result was a very clean carpet with a very noticeable raised pile that looked almost new (the carpet is over 10 years old !!). Once fully dried, the difference is outstanding. Bearing in mind I washed this carpet a few weeks back with the Vax, this thing is light years ahead of the vax when it comes to cleaning. We were considering buying new carpets to freshen up as we are looking to sell our house very soon, but now we have the Bissell, there is no need.

Great bit of kit. Very pleased.

You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn life-changing techniques and tips from the memory maestro
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this was a great book, but I can't remember, 25 April 2014
What was I saying? Something about a book? Oh yes, great book. Short but to the point with no unnecessary fluff. Perfectly fine for less than a fiver.

Andrew James High Quality Stainless Steel Three Piece Professional Barista Coffee Making Set
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well impressed, 25 April 2014
Fast delivery, and real hight quality solid and chunky stainless steel items. The jug especially feels substantially more expensive than it actually was, and will easily outlast my coffee machine by the looks of it. What a great bargain. So glad I bought this set, and not some inferior thin walled stuff from a local kitchen shop.

ElecShield Premium Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z2 Screen Protector 2014 Edition Full Dody 3 X Front & 3 X back (Ultra Clear)
Offered by ESonline
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the bargain price here, 24 April 2014
These arrived very fast (just 2 days after I ordered them). I have purchased countless screen protectors for many phones in my lifetime thus far. But this is the first time I got a half decent cloth that is larger than the normal postage stamp sized ones, a sturdy squeegy type thing, spare sticker tabs for peeling the backings off, and even a sticker used for removing dust off the screen prior to fitting the protector. The rear protector is very tight which is not helped by a tiny recess on the back, so mine has lots of bubbles in (not bothered though as it's going in the Sony case). But the front is a perfect fitting size that I got on first time with no bubbles at all. You really cannot tell it's on there. When I have got through all these, I will certainly return for more of them.

TDS Magnetic Charging Cable USB for SONY Z1 L39h and Xperia Z Ultra XL39h
TDS Magnetic Charging Cable USB for SONY Z1 L39h and Xperia Z Ultra XL39h
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars This may have killed my Z2, 20 April 2014
I bought this before my new Z2 had arrived from pre-order. I think it charged it a bit, but then my phone refused to charge any more from this cable, or anything else. So much so, the phone was deemed faulty and my carrier swapped it out for a new one. I (perhaps stupidly) tried this today very quickly on my new replacement Z2, and nothing. No charging at all. So it does seem that this may have killed my phone as it now does nothing. The magnetic plate on it is not that brilliant either. It's now in the rubbish bin. Next time, I won't be so tight and will buy the genuine Sony charging dock rather an aftermarket phone killer. Risk it if you want.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11