Profile for David Thurlow > Reviews

Content by David Thurlow

David Thurlow

Google Nexus 7 Black 'The Pad' Case / Cover / Pouch / Holster with Stand Function + 2-in-1 Screen Protector Pack By Shocksock

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid quality product, 4 May 2013
Good to find a simple quality product that does what it says it will do. I had read a few reviews about cheaper products, but with people experiencing problems decided to go for this. Fits my nexus perfeclty. Good quality product that will protect my tablet.
Rare these days to find simple, good quality products.

120Gb 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive including One Touch Software.
120Gb 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive including One Touch Software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it, 4 May 2009
Purchased this on the strength of reviews of this product. Agree with all comments, so just wanted to add my own five stars to this product.

Garmin eTrex Venture HC Handheld GPS Navigator (discontinued by manufacturer)
Garmin eTrex Venture HC Handheld GPS Navigator (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 4 May 2009
My reason for wanting to buy a GPS was to record second war defence features, so was only looking for a unit that would record waymarks and tracks. Was initially considering the basic eTrex but by the time you added in the serial and usb cables the cost was basiclly the same as this unit. I'm glad I got this unit as the Mapsource programme included, even though I have not purchased the additional maps, is excellant - allows me to produce plans with a 20 mtr scale. I then import these to Quo, a free gps mapping programme (you just purchase the 1:50,000 or 1:25,000 tiles you want). The unit itself locates satalites within 15 seconds of switching on. Its really easy to navigate the menus, all with one hand. Accuracy, when plotted on 1:25,000 maps is excellant. The unit seems robust and well made. My only gripe is that you have to delete every waymarker manually, one by one when you have finished with them. Very tedious as a days field work can easily invole 100+ waymarks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2009 7:19 PM BST