Profile for Saturnicus > Reviews

Dinosaur Christmas
Dinosaur Christmas
by Jerry Palotta

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather an odd one...and disappointing., 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dinosaur Christmas (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All children love dinosaurs. Thus I got this book for my grand-daughter who is very young but is starting to take an interest in books and this will be the first Christmas in which she will be old enough to understand about Santa. The illustrations are very amusing but the dinosaur names are very difficult to read and pronounce for her and myself also for that matter.
There is nothing very interesting about it and it does not tell a story. It seems to be aimed at the very young child and yet the dinosaur names are quite impossible for them. I did not want to give it three stars but I dislike giving less. It simply does not deliver what might have been rather promising and could have become a classic.

Paul Temple and the Gregory Affair (BBC Audio)
Paul Temple and the Gregory Affair (BBC Audio)
by Francis Durbridge
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars A New Recording..., 28 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The BBC has released this new recording of a lost Paul Temple mystery. It has been recorded using all the old equipment and effects which certainly gives it a period feel. Sadly missing are the magical Peter Coke and Marjorie Westbury not to mention the thrilling music of "Coronation Scot" that we fans all knew and loved. Crawford Logan and Gelda Stevenson do a first class job as Paul and Steve, but on the whole it lacks the warmth that was present with Peter and Marjorie.
As a story it is enjoyable but the end leaves a lot of unexplained plot. I counted nine bodies in total, which is not a bad innings, but the usual cliffhangers were just not there. Later mysteries were an awful lot better. I just hope that the BBC find some more missing scripts and we here from the Temples again.
A useful addition to the collection, nevertheless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 4:07 PM GMT

Scotch Titanium Non-stick Scissors - 20 cm, Brown with Assorted Accent Colours (Dot Colour Will Vary), 1 Pair (1468TNS-MIX)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice scissors......., 22 Sept. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These scissors are very light weight and easy to grip. I was very impressed by the way in which they cut into polythene which is funny stuff and generally has to be ripped apart. They are extremely sharp and I think they would be very versatile. I have not tried them yet on sticky tape and I believe that they are too good for such a menial job.
Very nice scissors indeed and most welcome in a household where shears are allocated the jobs for which they are intended, but I do like them very much...And they are a nice average size.

Finding Bigfoot: Everything You Need to Know (Animal Planet)
Finding Bigfoot: Everything You Need to Know (Animal Planet)
by Animal Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapppointing..., 28 Aug. 2013
As a fan of the programme and an avid reader of all serious works on the Sasquatch, I found this book very shallow and obviously intended for children. It is a series of short paragraphs and some rather obscure photographs. In addition there are recipes for Sasquatch type snacks and so on.
Just not a serious work and a big let down. No doubt some children will take the subject seriously and this book will do nothing but discourage them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2013 6:03 PM BST

Clemmy Plus Play Set Petrol Station (15 Pieces)
Clemmy Plus Play Set Petrol Station (15 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy..., 28 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this set for my grand-daughter as she is just starting into Lego and I thought that this set would team up with it nicely. I feel that she is a little too old for it and that it might be suited better to the under two age group.
They are lovely chunky pieces ideally suited to small fingers and the colours are very attractive. It would make a very nice and inexpensive gift.

Clemmy Plus Play Set Country House (15 Pieces)
Clemmy Plus Play Set Country House (15 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed..., 28 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my two year old grand-daughter but I think she may be as little too old for it.
It has lovely chunky bricks which are great for little fingers and it is a great introduction to Lego with which it could be paired off. The colours are particularly attractive.
it would make a lovely small and inexpensive gift.

Case Logic Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop
Case Logic Backpack for 15.6 inch Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely bag..., 28 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What can I say. This bag is of superior quality and ideal for those of us who feel naked without either our laptop of our Pad. There are numerous pockets and handles and is waterproofed. A really fabulous backpack. It is expensive, but will last a long time and is very presentable.
A beautiful bag.

Wheels on the Bus Singalong
Wheels on the Bus Singalong

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Singalong..., 28 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My grand-daughter has recently started at a new nursery and has learned some of these songs there. Imagine her delight when her mum can play this CD in the car and she can hear some of her favourites. As a former playgroup0 supervisor, I found this CD excellent.
Great for small children and very good value for the price.

Mr Men Stories Volume 2 (Vintage Beeb)
Mr Men Stories Volume 2 (Vintage Beeb)
by Roger Hargreaves
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer delight......, 28 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
How I remember watching the Mr Men stories on television when my children were small and now my grand-daughter can have the opportunity of listening to the lovely voice of Arthur Lowe on Audio. She is rather young for them with a short attention span, but I am certain they will become firm favourites.
A most enjoyable CD and good value for money.

Iams Dry Cat Food Kittenand Junior Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)
Iams Dry Cat Food Kittenand Junior Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must...., 18 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a cat breeder I cannot recommend this excellent food enough. Not only is it lovely little kibbles for baby mouths, but is an excellent addition to the diet of pregnant and nursing mothers. I also feed it to my girls to build them up after their babies are past nursing and in addition I feed it to the studs as I felt that "doing what comes naturally" to them takes an awful lot out of them.
Overall I found that the cats preferred kitten Iams to any other brand of dry cat food. It is a winner. Just a pity that the size of bags is restricted and is not available in the larger sizes available in adult varieties.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20