Profile for Lct > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hungry Caterpillar Very Special Baby Record Book [Baby Product]
Hungry Caterpillar Very Special Baby Record Book [Baby Product]

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 21 Jun 2012
This is a beautiful record book. It is bright and colourful. It has so many sections including before the birth, about the family, about the birth, firsts, lots space for photos and envelope for keep sakes. It is presented in a transparent keepsake box.

So many comments on it :)

Unvaccinated, Homeschooled, and TV-Free: It's Not Just for Fanatics and Zealots
Unvaccinated, Homeschooled, and TV-Free: It's Not Just for Fanatics and Zealots
by Julie Cook
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, totally changed how I parent, 21 Jun 2012
This book looks at important points surrounding bringing up a child. The author offers a voice for natural instincts and common sense.
I loved reading this and have passed it on to friends who equally enjoyed it. It has made me view things I wouldn't have dreamed of such as why we insist on watching so much TV.
Thoroughly recommend.

Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth
by Marie Mongan
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnobirthing is amazing and truly works, 21 Jun 2012
I have to start by saying it is so important to do the course, as a few reviewers have said it is pricy. Mine was 175 including the book and CD. But I was willing to pay that if it meant a pain free, happy and safe birth for me and my child. This is exactly what I got. I was extremely cynical when first learning and reading about this but it is the most amazing experience of my life. I went from a pain phobic who thought stubbing a toe was extremely painful to birthing a 9lb baby in just 8 hours with no drugs or gas/air.

Yes some of it is common sense like pain is worsened when you're tense but being reminded of this never harms especially when accompanied by relaxation techniques to squash the tension.
The book covers history, science and real life experience.

An amazing amazing experience. Advice for hypnobirthing: practise with your partner and CD as much as possible, practise with the CD in the bath if having a water birth, write detailed birth preferences, practise deep relax for the transition phase and remind partner to keep feeding you during labour!

Aqua Optima Galia Water Filter Jug with 6x 60-day filters, 1 year pack
Aqua Optima Galia Water Filter Jug with 6x 60-day filters, 1 year pack
Price: 21.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and efficient, 21 Jun 2012
This has been fantastic, I read another review about making sure the filter tank is placed into the jug the correct way as it fits both ways. This saved me breaking the lid. It filters brilliantly and tastes lovely.

You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
by Marisa Peer
Price: 12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow wow wow, 21 Jun 2012
I didn't really believe the reviews until I saw my own personal results. This is not a diet but a complete lifestyle change. It has completely revolutionised my eating thoughts and patterns. The CD is brilliant for reconfirming this when I need it. I shed all my baby weight in 1 month just by doing this. I ate loads as am breastfeeding but eat the right foods. My husband has also shed 1 1/2 stone in the month.

Fantastic

Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond
Adventures in Tandem Nursing: Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Beyond
by Peggy O'Mara

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and loving, 21 Jun 2012
This book has successfully given masses of information about tandem nursing both during pregnancy and postpartum. It is so useful as it covers all aspects of what to expect from discomforts to positions. The intertwined real stories are inspirational and extremely honest. I've found it's definitely clarified where my priorities are when it comes to breast feeding.

Fantastic, must have book.

The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Jun 2012
This is a huge book full of fantastic attachment parenting advice and information. It is a loving parent's handbook one that I continue to flick through now. It is incredibly comprehensive covering everything from developmental stages to co-sleeping, feeding and baby wearing.

A wonderful book that focuses on the child and not about how to lead your old life but how to adapt to be the best possible parent.

Attachment Parenting : Instinctive Care for Your Baby and Young Child
Attachment Parenting : Instinctive Care for Your Baby and Young Child
by Katie Allison Granju
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust your natural instincts, 21 Jun 2012
Like so many other people I read Gina Ford and baby wise books when pregnant, this could not be more opposite. I hated the idea of leaving my baby to cry alone, even putting them in a pushchair facing outwards with no one to chat and interact with and no security and cuddles. This book is amazing. This is the book I continue to go back time and time again. I love reading it all the way through as well as flicking through if I have a quick question. A superb, loving book.

The Continuum Concept (Arkana)
The Continuum Concept (Arkana)
by Jean Liedloff
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for an attachment parent, 21 Jun 2012
This is such an inspiring and interesting book. It has totally revolutionised my parenting style and really helped me get past modern advice and awful books telling me to leave my baby to cry. This allowed me to focus on what is important to my son and trust my natural instincts. It put words to the thoughts I've always had about modern day parenting and lack of breastfeeding, baby wearing and calm loving parenting. A must read for anybody pregnant or with children.

Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
Three in a Bed: The Benefits of Sleeping with Your Baby
by Deborah Jackson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most inspiring books, 21 Jun 2012
This book is a fantastic heart warming addition to an attachment parent's library. It not only confirmed my want to co-sleep with my son but also quietened any doubt I had. I has been warned very firmly of the dangers of co-sleeping by my midwives, who quoted SIDS as one reason. I doubted my instinct after this until I read this book. It is so informative and is wonderful to have a book just dedicated to this topic.

I cannot recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2