Profile for Stephen Purves > Reviews

Content by Stephen Purves

Stephen Purves (Lancashire.)

Page: 1 | 2
MiTab Faux Leather Case Cover With 360 Rotational For The Advent Vega Tegra Note (Rotational Folio Case, Black)
Offered by Navitech (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tablet fits well., 6 Jun 2014
Bought this to protect my tablet whilst away on holiday and it fits well and holds the tablet in landscape or portrait position. Only criticism is the magnetic strap which holds the case shut which is quite weak so to be safe, I use an elastic band around the case to make sure it doesn't flop open. A press stud would have been a better option.

Gablemere Bird Bath with Solar Light / Bird Feeder / Planter
Gablemere Bird Bath with Solar Light / Bird Feeder / Planter
Offered by popamazing
Price: 18.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile addition to the garden., 6 Jun 2014
Looks the part and is cheap for what it is if a little unstable. Had to adjust it a few times to ensure it is perfectly upright as its plastic so once it has the weight of water, feed and plants on it, it can start to lean a little. But it settles after a while and the birds soon took to it, so it works.

The Rough Guide to France
The Rough Guide to France
by Greg Ward
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of info!, 6 Jun 2014
A great help in making the most of a holiday with lots of info on the places to visit and stay. A bulky book but worth the effort to take, or there is the Kindle version.

France 2014 National Map 721 (Michelin National Maps)
France 2014 National Map 721 (Michelin National Maps)
by Michelin
Edition: Map
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have map!, 6 Jun 2014
An excellent easy to read map which should guide me on a forthcoming tour of France. I have found Michelin maps to be the best for that kind of trip!

Technote Music Stand With Bag - Black
Technote Music Stand With Bag - Black
Offered by Really-Useful-Stuff
Price: 8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly portable!, 5 May 2014
Folds up neatly and has it's own bag, perfect! Good for home or taking out to gigs. Just strap it to the side of your instrument bag.

Philips AE5250/05 - DAB + and FM Radio, LCD Display, 10 Preset Tuning Stations
Philips AE5250/05 - DAB + and FM Radio, LCD Display, 10 Preset Tuning Stations

3.0 out of 5 stars DAB radio., 2 Jan 2014
Very good reception and easy to use. At loud volumes, the sound quality suffers a little but thats not why you would buy this radio. I have it by my bedside and for that purpose, its very good.

Bronze Watering Can - Cockerel - Bronze Gardening Gifts
Bronze Watering Can - Cockerel - Bronze Gardening Gifts
Offered by Otherland
Price: 25.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent present!, 2 Jan 2014
Bought this for my mother in law for Christmas and she thought it was an excellent gift. Quite unique, its hand made in India and no two are exactly the same. It can be used as a watering can or just as an ornament.

The Romantic Piano Concerto, Vol. 03 Mendelssohn Double Concertos
The Romantic Piano Concerto, Vol. 03 Mendelssohn Double Concertos
Price: 11.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece!, 9 Feb 2013
Not a piece of music I have heard in the past until one day on Classic FM when I was driving and was impressed so I had to buy it and haven't regretted it. Brilliant music as you would expect from this composer and brilliantly played. If you enjoy piano concertos, this is a must for your collection.

The Romantic Piano Concerto, Vol. 26 Litolff Concertos Symphoniques 3 & 5
The Romantic Piano Concerto, Vol. 26 Litolff Concertos Symphoniques 3 & 5
Price: 11.10

4.0 out of 5 stars A revelation!, 10 Oct 2012
The only piece of music by Litolff I had ever heard was his Scherzo but one day I heard more of his music on Classic FM and was impressed so I bought the CD. I liked it that much, I also bought Concertos 2 & 4 by the same people which also turned out to be excellent. Its amazing how much good music there is written by little-known composers and Litolff's concertos are a good example, not quite the quality of Rachmaninov, Tchaikovsky etc but still worth hearing.

Am-Tech Tarpaulin Repair Kit
Am-Tech Tarpaulin Repair Kit
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 2.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 9 May 2012
When I received this product, I thought the eyelets looked a little thin and cheap and this was the case when trying to rivet them on tarpaulin. Despite working in engineering all my life, I found it difficult to make a good job of applying the eyelets without them appearing to warp out of shape. Whether its the punches or the thin rings, or both, I don't know but I used them anyway and they just about do the job but don't look very professional, fortunately out of site in my application. Time will tell if they corrode or pull apart but I would choose another brand next time.

Page: 1 | 2