Profile for Mr. D. P. Metcalfe > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. P. Metcalfe

Mr. D. P. Metcalfe "DMETCALFE" (WEST YORKSHIRE)

Page: 1 | 2
Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Leisure Hive [DVD]

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Story Ever, 23 Jan 2012
This has to be the WORST story ever in my opinion. Tom Baker is really really bad as is Lalla Ward and the whole aged doctor thing is pointless as is the alien. Each part got worst however I have to say the first about 10 minutes are okay.

Doctor Who - The Curse of Fenric [1989] [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who - The Curse of Fenric [1989] [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Sylvester McCoy

3.0 out of 5 stars One Of Sylvesters Worst, 23 Jan 2012
In my opinion, this is one of Sylvester McCoy's worst stories. However it is still quite entertaining on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Sophie Aldred I have to say though was amazing as normal with her role as Ace. I find the Haemovores quite boring to be honest as they don't particularly do much however the germans are a great effect. The special effects are very good to say it was in the 1980s. I actually find this story very boring I have to say however I actually normally like stories set in that time period.

Doctor Who - The Five Doctors (25th Anniversary Edition) [1983] [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Five Doctors (25th Anniversary Edition) [1983] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Anniversary Special, 23 Jan 2012
This story was the second I ever got and I really enjoy it. Its eerie but at the same time comical. Richard Hurndall plays the 1st Doctor just like William Hartnell did and Patrick, Jon and Peter all play their roles excellently as do Mark, Janet, Carole and Elisabeth. My favourite character was definatley Nicholas Courtney as the Brigadier, he is fantastic and if you don't mind me saying even though he was quite elderly he was brilliant. Also the master, Cybermen and raston warrior robot and fantastic however the Dalek could have been used a bit more as could the yeti as their scenes are only a few minutes long.

Doctor Who - The Time Meddler [1965] [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Time Meddler [1965] [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts Great gets Worse, 22 Jan 2012
The first 2 parts of this episode are amazing and flow beautifully however in the last two parts it isn't very good. I love how Steven joins the crew in the way he did and then Vicki helps him brilliantly however I have to say William stands out amongst them all. Peter Butterworth isn't great in this but better then some enemies.

Doctor Who - The Tomb Of The Cybermen [1967] [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who - The Tomb Of The Cybermen [1967] [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Patrick Troughton
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 22 Jan 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and it will go down as one of the best. The Cybermen are at their greatest as are the main cast and the excitement and intrigue is unreal. This was only Deborahs second story and she portrays her character excellently to say she was just getting used to it. One word for this serial Cybertastic.

Doctor Who - The Mind Robber [1968] [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Mind Robber [1968] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Troughton

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Patrick in a Phenomial story, 22 Jan 2012
This is my favourite story of all time, Patrick, Wendy and Frazer are FANTASTIC and this story is amazing for fiction. Part One has one of the best cliffhangers of all time and as each part goes on it gets better and better so much it can't get any better. Overall this story is a BRILLIANT episode in a PHENOMINAL season.

Doctor Who - Destiny of the Daleks [DVD] [1979]
Doctor Who - Destiny of the Daleks [DVD] [1979]

4.0 out of 5 stars Daleks, Doctor and Davros, 22 Jan 2012
This story was one of the first ones I ever got on DVD and I really enjoy it. I am not one of Tom Bakers greatest fans but I must say this is one of his best. The way Davros returns is very intriguing and mysterious and the Daleks are at their best in this. Overall it is a great start to a season.

Doctor Who - The Visitation [DVD] [1982] [1963]
Doctor Who - The Visitation [DVD] [1982] [1963]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison

4.0 out of 5 stars Peters Perfect Plague, 22 Jan 2012
I love this story, the main four characters Peter, Matthew, Janet and Sarah play their roles remarkably as always. The enemy is dark but quite funny at the same time and the androids bring a great twist to the story. The ending is brilliant and overall this story is one of Peters greatest.

Doctor Who - The Hand of Fear [DVD] [1976]
Doctor Who - The Hand of Fear [DVD] [1976]

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Drivel, 15 Jan 2012
This story in my opinion is the worst story ever. Tom Baker isn't good at all and neither is Eldrad. The only good thing is Sarah Jane Smith who acts beautifully all the rest is rubbish and a waste of time. This story could have been brilliant but unfortunately it wasn't.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2012 9:41 PM GMT

Doctor Who - The Time Warrior [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Time Warrior [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Pertwee
Offered by loftmedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Jane Starts Superbly, 15 Jan 2012
I loved this story. The introduction to Sarah Jane Smith and The Sontarans (who are now 2 really popular characters) is phenominal. I love the way Sarah Jane is cautious of The Doctor at first and the connection with UNIT is excellent. I also love how it goes back in time, something they didn't really do in Pertwees era. I thoroughly enjoyed all four parts, which is quite rare for me. I think that if it had been any less or more parts it wouldn't have worked but four parts did. A great story at the beginning of a great season.

Page: 1 | 2