Profile for Angharad Jones > Reviews

Content by Angharad Jones

Angharad Jones (Sheffield, England.)

I've Been Watching You 2 - Prom Night [DVD]
I've Been Watching You 2 - Prom Night [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brooke Balderson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Super kitch, super violent!, 23 April 2008
This film is really funny, it is badly made, directed, acted etc but man it's kitch! All the boys wear too much make-up for a girl so the girls look like drag queens!
A couple of nutters both independently decide to murder everyone so they can win "prom queen". They also kidnap a perverted teacher and accidently kill him while arguing about whether to kill him or not. The film makers have been really creative when trying to find a free sound track which just makes it all the more wierd.
I can see why some people hate it because it is bad but if you like stuff that is just plain camp fun then this is well worth a go, you can always trade it in if you hate it and it will of been cheaper than renting a dvd.

The Blue Brothers Soundtrack
The Blue Brothers Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars A great place to start!, 19 July 2007
Like the last reviewer, and many, many others, The Blues Brothers was a film I first watched when I was about 10 and it introduced me to a whole new world of music.

This soundtrack was the first record I ever owned and it is where I first heard a lot of artists that I may otherwise never of heard of, since I had only really listened to pop and ska before.

This is a great collection and younger people especially will find it it very educational. If you enjoy the soundtrack it would also be a good idea to look up some of the other artists featured in the film but not on the soundtrack, like Sam and Dave and John Lee Hooker.

A fun film and a fun soundtrack, try the other Blues Brothers recordings too, you won't regret it!

New Police Story [DVD] [2004]
New Police Story [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the standard set by Police Story 1 & 2, 9 Feb. 2007
FANTASTIC! I was worried about this not being good enough to bear the name Police Story but I needen't have been. It turns out it is western action films that have gone of the boil a bit reasently not Jackie himself. The stunts and fighting are superb, the story is a little round the houses but not enough to be anoying, and the odd comedy moment had us doubled up (my personal fav. being the two main characters hidding behined a sheet of glass!). Absolutly top class all round! Order now!

Wonderwall Music By George Harrison
Wonderwall Music By George Harrison
Offered by thelastresortofmusic

5.0 out of 5 stars A World Of It's Own, 6 Oct. 2006
This stunning soundtrack, like the film, opens up it's own little universe which is directly conected to the human sub-consious. This strangely little known albulm definately ranks right along side Harrison's other great musical achievements like his epic album "All Things Must Pass" and, ofcourse his wonderful contributions to the Beatles like "Blue Jay Way" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The very best of Harrison's instinctive knowledge of the human phyche and Beckett-esque tallent for bypassing the usual mundane level of understanding is demonstrated in this fantastic collection of dream like songs.

Don't get me wrong, it's not for every one! If your wildest dreams are fairly tame and your sleeping world is similar to your waking one then you will no doubt hate this record twice as much as will loath the film. But if you are an imaganitive person and like things more on the magical and spiritual side of life, or are just open minded enough to accepet this side of things without too mush cynicism (like myself!) then this is a collection of tunes that will change your life just as much as seeing "Koyaanisqatsi" or "Sprited Away" or listening to "Atom Heart Mother" or "Pet Sounds" did.

Excuse my somewhat rambeling (and poorly spelled!) review but I really cannot praise George Harrison enough for this (and other) music which has ment so much to me and to others over the past four decades or so.

Compacks DVD6972 2 Channel DVD Player
Compacks DVD6972 2 Channel DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars What do you want for under £18?, 15 July 2006
I was very pleased with this product. It works and it plays region 1 just the same as region 2. So it's not the prettiest thing in the world, so the remote control is light enough to blow away in a gust of wind, so sometimes you press volume up (it has a seperate volume control that, unusally, works!)and it changes the menu it was on, it works and it's cheep. Do you want to watch dvd's or show off your fancy electrical goods? If you are used to cheep electrical apliences then you'll know that if it works it'll do just fine! Sorry about my terrible spelling!