Profile for N. Cranny > Reviews

Content by N. Cranny

N. Cranny "Natalie" (Liverpool, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)
Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars an okay sequel...could've been so much better though!, 19 Nov. 2013
I loved A Time to Kill - so eagerly anticipated the return of Jake Brigance...but I'm left with a sense of 'meh'. I wanted to like this more than I actually did. It wasn't unputdownable like its predecessor - and maybe it had too great a weight of expectation around it. Decent at best.

Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles)
Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this easy read, 15 Mar. 2013
I know people are a bit sniffy about Jeffrey Archer, but I always enjoy his story-telling. Looking forward to the next in the series :)

Beautiful Redemption (Book 4) (Beautiful Creatures)
Beautiful Redemption (Book 4) (Beautiful Creatures)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed to be honest, 11 Jan. 2013
Waited for the finale with massive anticipation - and I have to say I didn't love it like it's predecessors. No more than satisfying conclusion - and not nearly enough John and Olivia. Would love them to write a story about their future!

The Racketeer
The Racketeer
by John Grisham

2.0 out of 5 stars Lazy, 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Racketeer (Hardcover)
I love John Grisham - but this is such a lazy piece of writing...seriously you can see the 'Twist' coming a mile off. It lacks any of the charm of Grisham novels - and it's the first time I can honestly say that he doesn't connect with his protaganist. So disappointing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 11:49 AM GMT

Labor Day (P.S.)
Labor Day (P.S.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Labor Day (P.S.) (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one sitting...I just couldn't put it down.

Joyce Maynard has written a sublime novel...it paints a picture of a deep, yet flawed love between a mother and a son.

I loved it.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-down-able!, 23 Mar. 2012
I absolutely loved this book. It's such an amazing read. Literally couldn't put it down. Immediately started and finished the following two books in the trilogy. Peeta my favourite character by far, but loved Katniss and Haymitch too. Fantastic read!

The Brightest Star in the Sky
The Brightest Star in the Sky

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed results, 5 Jan. 2012
Marion Keyes must have read all of Cecelia Aherns novels because this starts off so strikingly Ahernlike that I didn't understand where she was going with it. A decent holiday read, but how I long for the Halcyon Days of Rachels Holiday and Watermelon. And - where is the 'Helen' novel????

The Help
The Help

4.0 out of 5 stars Lived up to the hype, 5 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this story. Made me feel both ashamed and proud to be a human being. Thought the author crafted her 3 main characters beautifully, but felt that she didn't develop the story between Minny and Celia quite enough. Looking forward to the movie version of the book.

Rachel's Holiday (Walsh Family Book 2)
Rachel's Holiday (Walsh Family Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Keyes!, 22 Dec. 2011
Having enjoyed Watermelon and Lucy Sullivan when I read this - I had resonably high expectations. This one however is my favourite Keyes novel. I loved how she delved into Rachels character and revealed layers of damage, guilt, love and sadness. Could not recommend it highly enough. Not your standard 'chick lit'.

Death Comes to Pemberley
Death Comes to Pemberley

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely awful, 22 Dec. 2011
It's not often that I read a book and wish for the hours back I spent reading it. It's indulgent, it's got virtually NOTHING to do with the beloved characters from P&P, but most of all it's just a terrible read. PDJames - why? Why? Why?

Page: 1 | 2