Profile for Dawne Kovan > Reviews

Soul Food: Stories to Nourish the Spirit and the Heart
Soul Food: Stories to Nourish the Spirit and the Heart
by Jack Kornfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories with a hidden agenda, 23 Jun. 2016
Lovely bedtime stories to bring a sense of peace and meaning into our lives.

Switchwords: How to Use One Word to Get What You Want
Switchwords: How to Use One Word to Get What You Want

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting idea, 23 Jun. 2016
Fascinating - I've been doing the Switchwords for a while now and they do seem to work. All you can do is give it a whirl.

Everyday Zen: Love and Work
Everyday Zen: Love and Work
by Charlotte Joko Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity and clarity, 23 Jun. 2016
Simple. clear, stripped away Buddhism. A guide for living everyday as it comes and letting all the "stuff" fall away.

Nothing Special: Living Zen
Nothing Special: Living Zen
by Charlotte Joko Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Special, 23 Jun. 2016
I love the simplicity of Jocko Beck's writing - Buddhism without the jargon! Great...

PostCapitalism: A Guide to Our Future
PostCapitalism: A Guide to Our Future
by Paul Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars Post-Capitalism - Guide to Our Future, 23 Jun. 2016
As the it says on the cover, this is a very important book. I had read an article on post capitalism by Paul Mason in the Guardian and found it very interesting and enlightening which encouraged me to buy the book. Although it is about global economics - not my strong point by any means - Mason's writing style makes it almost read like a novel. The difference between a journalist and an academic, I suppose. It opened my eyes to how banks and governments behave when under pressure - they save their own skins first, while sacrificing the ordinary person's survival needs. Mason suggests that there is a growing groundswell of new public demands that began with the Arab Spring and Occupy movements that show how we can do things differently in a more humane manner. While these movements were crushed by their governments, the objectives survive and will recur periodically, until one day we will see a new more humanaitarian and idealistic lifestyle emerge that will be unstoppable. I highly recommend this book, hence the 5 stars.

Teaching Mindfulness: A Practical Guide for Clinicians and Educators
Teaching Mindfulness: A Practical Guide for Clinicians and Educators
by Donald McCown

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Mindfulness, 28 April 2016
This is the course book for my Mindfulness teacher training, so I approached it with some trepidation as it looks very academic. However, the more I read the more I am enjoying it as well as learning from it.

FF2TM Collection by FitFlop F-Pop Loafer Womens Shoes 3 Black/Patent
FF2TM Collection by FitFlop F-Pop Loafer Womens Shoes 3 Black/Patent
Offered by SHOETIQUE

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes that fit!, 28 April 2016
It's always been difficult for me to get the right size 3 shoes - M&S 35s worked nicely as I'm just under a 3 really, then they stopped selling them for some reason. However these are perfect - which means that they may be slightly tight for "normal" size 3 feet. Also they are very stylish and will look good with anything. I shall certainly buy more styles from them.

The Coffin Trail (Lake District Mysteries Book 1)
The Coffin Trail (Lake District Mysteries Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Coffin Trail, 31 Mar. 2016
Thought that this book was obviously a first novel. It was slow in pace with an obvious denouement flagged up halfway through. Maybe the next one will be more interesting. Loved the descriptions of the Lake District though - which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Fast Exercise
Fast Exercise
by Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Diet, 31 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Fast Exercise (Paperback)
Losing weight easily with little or no effort.

Fitflop Lulu Shimmersuede Slide, Women's Sandals, Pink (Nude 137), 3 UK (36 EU)
Fitflop Lulu Shimmersuede Slide, Women's Sandals, Pink (Nude 137), 3 UK (36 EU)
Offered by 4 Feet Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitflops, 31 Mar. 2016
Comfortable and spine straightening at the same time. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7