Profile for Philip Thomas > Reviews

Content by Philip Thomas

Philip Thomas

Page: 1 | 2
Cesar Millan 37 Success Secrets - 37 Most Asked Questions on Cesar Millan - What You Need to Know
by Rita Newman

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY disappointed, 13 Jun. 2015
Sorry but this is rubbish. The paperback booklet is 37 pages in total and about 32 of those have anything real in them.. sadly "real" is questionable as the content seem to hav ebeen written either by someone with a poor command of the English Language or it has been badly translated from some other language. What is worse is, it just does not do what it says on the title - if you are interested in who made the tea on a Cesar episode shoot then perhaps this is for you but I bought it because my wife is a Cesar fan and also a Dog Groomer so hoped to have 37 top questions answered, and it didn't either propose or answer even one, so I returned it for a refund.

APA Industries LNA4134AA Antenna Mast
APA Industries LNA4134AA Antenna Mast
Offered by autoteileluecke

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant., 11 Jun. 2015
Brilliant! My old mast was bent by an over enthusiastic hand car wash person so I bought this. Follow the step by step instructions and removing the old and then replacing with a new mast is simplicity itself .. but DO follow the instructions step by step. Then having installled it, I found to my surprise that it had 5 sections compared to the 4 on the old mast and what's more, the reception is better than before. LOVE it.

Cesar Millan 37 Success Secrets - 37 Most Asked Questions On Cesar Millan - What You Need To Know

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY disapointed, 11 Jun. 2015

Bulldog Sensitive Shave Cream 175ml (Pack of 2)
Bulldog Sensitive Shave Cream 175ml (Pack of 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars I actually get a better result with straight Aqueous Cream which is far cheaper, 3 May 2015
Sorry but it does not do the job. Shaved using it for the first time today with 2 days stubble and it made the (new) razor drag through the beard pulling and scraping. I actually get a better result with straight Aqueous Cream which is far cheaper, but even that is inferior to the old brush and shaving soap. Having tried it (was hoping it would be good to pack for a week away golfing instead of taking the brush and soap) it has now been consigned to the bin -- even though I have only had one shave using it. In fact I may just use shampoo which I get at the hotel instead of packing the whole caboodle ... even that, from past experience, is better than this stuff. Money wasted, but knowledge gained.

Third World War
Third World War
by General Sir John Hackett

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read and great value, 1 April 2015
This review is from: Third World War (Paperback)
I first read this book in 1980 and thought it was an excellently constructed faction on how WW3 would start and pan out. Given the problems in Ukraine and the Middle East I thought it deserved re-reading and apart from the development of weaponry it stands the test of time and is a great read. Sadly my library did not have it so, at 1p +p&p this was an excellent buy and arrived promptly and in good (previously loved) condition.

Auraglow Super Bright Motion Activated PIR Sensor Weatherproof Wireless Twin Security Light
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - both the light output and as a product., 17 Jan. 2015
I bought one of these to light up a dark area in the back of our house as my wife works late evenigns and customers have to come to collect their dogs and I was absolutely delighted with it. SO BRIGHT!
SO I then bought another to light up the area around the coal-bunker and it has proved to be a boon to me as I used to either scabble around in the dark or wear a head-light to find the coal.
The only problem is -- and it is nothing to do with the light which is totally brilliant - I also have a cat and a dog. he cat is getting old and nforgets she has been outside recently so goes out about 10 times a night, and each time she turns onthe light in each direction so that is 20 times the light goes on. It is great for noticing when she returns to the back door as th elight goes on. If you do not have a cat you don't realise the difference between cats and dogs is cats have staff. So she returns to the cat-flap and knocks until we let her in which is why it is useful to know she is returning. The problem is, with so many on/off/on/off episodes the batteries don't last as long as they do up by the coal bunker. But itis relative as the coal bunker light has now lasted nearly 10 weeks and is still bright as day 1, but I recently had to replace the batteries on the other light (thank you cat) but not really a hardship as they are really simple to replace.

I cannot give this product enought stars - it is by far the best thing I have bought in years. You will not be disappointed if yo buy one.

One last thing - I have put both up under eaves so they are sort of protected from direct rain etc. I don't know how they will behave if directly affected by the elements but I cannot see why it would adversely affect them.

Srixon AD333 Golf Balls - 1 Dozen NEW 2014 (White)
Srixon AD333 Golf Balls - 1 Dozen NEW 2014 (White)
Offered by LBC-Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars They must be good!!, 25 Sept. 2014
They must be good!!! I shot a 47 Stableford points in a competion recently using one ( and I did keep the same ball all the way around so they don't go in to the rough (he said with a smile on his face - and if you beleive that they can I sell you Mount Everest?). Seriously, they are a superb ball at a superb price for a middle handicapper.

Enzo Rodi 116510 Chrome Toilet Brush without Rim Cleaner 72 mm
Enzo Rodi 116510 Chrome Toilet Brush without Rim Cleaner 72 mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Small than I expected but it fits the receptacle and ..., 25 Sept. 2014
Small than I expected but it fits the receptacle and does the job. One little blemish on the horizon if that the chrome must be wafer thin as it is starting to pit already, but at £7 I can replace it every year!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 27 Nov. 2013
These lights are bright, a long string and do what i wanted them to do.
three minor grumbles butnot complaints:
1. The length of the wire from the control unit to the first light is inadequate - I needed to cut the wires, put a waterproof connector in and an then a decent length of wire. Perhaps a better idea would be for the control unit to be nearer the plug with a much longer run of wire with no lights to the first light.
2. Why did this have to come from HongKong? I am not grumbling at the cost- beats the UK costs in to a corner - but can we not make something like this here? The issue with it coming from HK was that I had to wait nearly 3 weeeks for delivery - had I known that at the start I would have chosen a more expensive option sourced in the UK.
3. FInal minor grumble - why a clear wire - was not a green wire version available when they made these? The look so obvious in the garden in the daytime - ok at nighttime but in the daytime I have this length of clear wire glaring at me!
All that aside - they work well, great lights and clever LEDs too! Look clear but provide different colouirs in each lamp!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 11:59 AM GMT

Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop 3.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One & Xbox 360

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 27 Nov. 2013
2TERRABYTES!!!!! I remember in the 1990s we got really excited about 1 GB offline storage, then only 4 years ago I splashed out nearly £100 for 360GB external storage and thought it was the bees knees. NOw I am buying an average offlins storage unit for - well, about £50 with 2TB. ITs fantastic value, it does exactly what it says on the tin and it was delivered rapidly, no setup fuss - straight in to backups. Now I have my and my wife's computers all backed up with still 1.3TB to spare!
Buy one - you will not be disappointed.
Personally I prefer to have my backups in MY control rather than on a remote and anonymous server which, whatever HMG or the US Government says to the contrary can be and probably willbe hacked and though I don't have any secrets to hide, it is MY information and not theirs.
So this unit does exactly what I want at a really splendid price.

Page: 1 | 2