Profile for Possum Pie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nippon Nippon Live Capture Mouse Tip Trap
Nippon Nippon Live Capture Mouse Tip Trap

5.0 out of 5 stars No thanks to Polly., 18 Mar. 2015
Unlike some reviewers I've had no issues at all with this trap and it has proved to be very successful indeed. I had issues with my cat Polly though. She seems to be a pretty good mouser but has a tendency to let them go in the kitchen where they promptly scamper off under the cooker, washing machine or fridge/freezer. It's easy to tell, all you need to do is leave a strategically placed bit of digestive biscuit and check to see if it has been nibbled. Worse still she occasionally brings them into the lounge and again they scamper off beneath the furniture. Perhaps they are all meant to be presents? I normally do not kill anything intentionally so this trap was essential. Can't be sure, but even mice have their own characteristics and I'm sure one has been caught at least 3 times to date. Perhaps he thinks its a game? One tip though as another reviewer has mentioned - these traps are quite sensitive and for best results glue a penny on it just behind the trap mechanism. It's easy to refresh any bait via the removable rear and I've found that peanut butter or a Mars bar work best of all. Oddly enough cheese never works. I've never had a mouse nibble its way out as some reviewers comment, but that is probably down to me not wishing to stress them out too much and the trap is checked every few hours when set. Most effective times seem to be between 7.45pm and approx 11.45pm. The trap is never left overnight, it's just not considered fair on any trapped mouse. Never caught one between 9am and 5.30pm. Just in case you're wondering - I class myself as being perfectly sane, or am I?

Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small
Defenders Animal Trap Cage - Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Tufty's saviour., 17 Mar. 2015
No thanks to the R.S.P.C.A. this was an essential purchase. Sometimes 'their' name seems to be a contradiction in terms!? This is regardless of the legalities which I am fully aware of. Anyway, you'll no doubt surmise where I'm going with this? There but for the grace of God etc..... Seemingly like many I had a squirrel issue in my loft and had no intention whatsoever of causing them any harm - see preceeding sentences.....! This trap with some peanut butter was superb and did the job admirably well and in no time at all. Being worried about stressing them out too much I also provided a small dish of water as well and checked the trap at least once an hour. Now the squirrels are pinging happily about my garden again. They are beautiful to watch, especially on a lazy summer evening. Did you know they bark, especially when they want some more monkey nuts. A couple even take them out of my hand, which is a wonderful experience as they are so gentle. The Ivy that caused the initial problem has now been removed but I'll keep the trap just in case. IF YOU LOVE ALL ANIMALS AS I DO THEN THIS IS A MUST HAVE! Finally, I have numerous trees in my garden and NONE have ever had their bark stripped by squirrels. Furthermore I always have many kinds of birds nesting in my garden, especially a large sparrow colony and have never had issues with squirrels robbing nests etc either - it's the magpies that are the real problem! They are the most voracious and relentless of predators. Hope I've not bored you too much?

Cat Zoom Groom
Cat Zoom Groom
Offered by PetsunitedUK

5.0 out of 5 stars PURRFECT!, 17 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Cat Zoom Groom (Misc.)
Regardless of whether you have long or a short haired cat this is essential. At first I thought it a bit costly given it is merely a piece of shaped rubber but now I would never own a cat without one. That said mine has now lasted for well over 10 years so it has proved to be excellent value. Puss E. Cat - a black short hair loved it, especially when he started to moult. It is scary how much fur would have ended up inside him, especially the very fine down fur. Sadly, he's no longer with us and has gone to meet his maker. Polly, a long haired tortoiseshell actually asks to be groomed with it, generally 2-3 times a week. It's always kept in the the same place and she sits looking at it until she request is answered. She would certainly have had fur-ball issues by now and she knows it, even though she washes herself regularly as proud 'glam-a-pussies' do. It is easy to hold, the prongs are soft and are a sensible length. The rubber really does grip and remove fur. The prongs are also nicely spaced so cleaning it is a breeze. Just to be on the safe side I also buy Whiskers anti Fur-Ball biscuits as well just in case.

Silverline MS138 Blast Wastepipe Unblocker, 370 mm
Silverline MS138 Blast Wastepipe Unblocker, 370 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Every home should have one., 17 Mar. 2015
Even if you are careful it is staggering how much 'waste' manages to sneak down the plug-hole in the kitchen sink. This is brilliant, but is best used a few hours after something like Mr Muscle has done its job. I also hold it upside down under a tap first with the plunger out so the body is filled with water. A couple of good pumps has always done the job. Bit of advise though - if you have one of those overflow thingies make sure you cover the outlet with something otherwise you will be absolutely covered it horridness, been there, done that, got the program! If I remember, which is rare, I try to give it a go every month or so, but it's not exactly a calendar item. The inevitable hair tangled around the bath plug-hole is another matter altogether though. I can never bring myself to do this manually and this plunger has issues with this particularly nasty task so I cut it with a Stanley knife first and then use this gadget - job done.

AA Ultimate First Aid Kit
AA Ultimate First Aid Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than nothing..... 'Ultimate' is pushing it a bit far?, 17 Mar. 2015
I've had one of these in my car for years and thankfully have never had cause to use it as I suspect that other than a few scratches and/or grazes etc it would not actually prove to be of much use in a 'proper' car accident. Hence the title of my review, and for that matter 'comprehensive' is also considered to be a bit of an overstatement as well regardless of any form of compliance, stated as the DIN 13164 standard. Adequate - possibly, but hey I'm no expert, just merely passing on an observation. Either way it is still better than nothing at all?

Love And Dancing
Love And Dancing

5.0 out of 5 stars Broke all my usual rules., 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Love And Dancing (Audio CD)
For once I broken all my usual rules as far as music goes..... Generally, apart from Duran Duran (up to and including RIO) I loathe anything to do with 'new romantics'. Apart from Roxy Music and Hawkwind I have always thought that synthesisers are mis-used most of the time. Always avoid re-mixes as generally the originals are far superior. Think that will do for now and as you have probably guessed our musical tastes were at the opposite ends of the scale. I'm still a rock and blues man. Anyway this album was considered a must buy when played to me by an old DJ friend of mine in the 1980's. Which is really odd as I hated Dare and still do. It is fantastic driving music and the stereo is superb. Not played too often nowadays but it always evokes some wonderful memories when I do just as music is supposed to do. It still sounds as fresh now as it did over 30 years ago which is more than can be said for a lot of albums?

Ramones
Ramones
Offered by WarehouseDirectUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabba, Gabba, Hey..............., 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ramones (Audio CD)
Firstly, this reveiw is for the first CD release before all the rubbish was added. This was an absolute must from the first time I heard it. A blizzard of mostly astonishingly fast songs and whilst it seems impossible to fit 14 tunes into under half an hour the Ramones manage it consummate with ease. Chainsaw and Loudmouth closely followed by Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue and not forgetting Judy Is A Punk remain personal favourites. The only other band that seem to get close for sheer speed was the Damned (1st album), though no doubt some could add to the list? Yeh, OK so the lyrics can appear a bit banal but who cares. The nice (if that's the correct term) thing about the Ramones is they lacked some of the associated bile that was to follow as punk took off. Albums come and go but I've never gotten tired of listening to this. Apart from the fact that the Ramones are arguably better musicians than often given credit for I'll leave the detailed analysis to others. Can't vouch for later releases but what I like about mine is that basic production and slightly muffled sound just as if it was recorded in some scruffy old garage - it probably was? Either way just buy it and enjoy.

BRAND NEW BOXED DESK CALCULATOR JUMBO LARGE BUTTONS SOLAR DESKTOP BATTERY
BRAND NEW BOXED DESK CALCULATOR JUMBO LARGE BUTTONS SOLAR DESKTOP BATTERY

4.0 out of 5 stars A calculated risk?, 14 Mar. 2015
Whilst I'm pleased with this calculator I've only given it 4 stars as the solar panel is not up to much and is pretty ineffective when called upon. That said the battery lasts for ages and is easy to change as long as you have a dinky screw-driver handy. Only ever used as a normal calulator and still have no idea what all the other buttons are for and have never needed to find out. The display is nice and big which is a real bonus, same goes for the key-pad. It looks good too. If the display had been hinged it would have got 5 stars regardless.

The Best Rock n Roll Album In The World...Ever!
The Best Rock n Roll Album In The World...Ever!
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars My own fault, I should have known better., 14 Mar. 2015
As far as music goes I like a bit of everything except house and rap so finally decided on this even though I should have known better. I already had a couple of the 'best ever' compilations - glam rock & punk anthems so the danger signs were already there, I just chose to ingore them and worked on the third time lucky principle. Both of them suffer from the same affliction as this - seemingly compiled by people who either merely picked tunes out of a hat or simply didn't care enough. Either way it's a shame. In all three cases given the sheer volume of choice available it was never going to be an easy task but come on HOW HARD CAN IT BE? That said and again like the others there is enough here to make it worthwhile I suppose and it is certainly good value, it's just the title itself that rankles. As for it being my fault - I should have taken more notice of the track listing first?

RADIO CONTROLLED DALEK
RADIO CONTROLLED DALEK
Offered by Winchcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the master race after all!, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: RADIO CONTROLLED DALEK (Toy)
Can't believe I'm the first to provide a review especially as these have been around for several years now. Somehow I ended up with two one Christmas never understanding why! Luckily they both have different operating frequencies so if the need ever arose both could have happily trundled about causing trouble at the same time. Only ever tried one (the other has never been out of his box) and I will forever wish I had the camcorder to hand. My (now sadly departed) cat was soundly asleep in front of the fire. His look of complete disdain and utter superiority when he was threatened with extermination (these Daleks have several quite realistic sounding sentences which are easy to use via the remote control panel) could have made me a fortune on Youtube. He merely stood up, stretched, slapped the Delek's blue eye and promptly went back to sleep. Anyway back to the Dalek - seems to be well made and could easily double as an ornament, which is just as well as he has an insatiable appetite for batteries. All in all good fun. Think mine would have cost approx £40 each at the time. I suppose they may become collectors items one day but as at 2015 the price (new from £139.99) seems to me to be staggering and/or wildly optimistic - even allowing for it being Friday 13th March and not 1st April. I must stress that this is only my considered opinion though. If you really want one then I suppose its Hobson's choice. Perhaps I'd better put one or both on eBay PDQ before the bubble bursts? I'm supposing most will not even be a distant memory let alone still be boxed?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20