Profile for dc > Reviews

Content by dc

dc

Cool-Touch heat & flame resistant oven gloves made from DuPont NOMEX - resistant to 350 C, pair with fingers
Offered by PARIELLA
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 12 Feb 2013
The gloves work. Having both hands and opposable thumbs whilst juggling roasting dishes and trays is a boon. One improvement might be a sewn in tag so as to hang the gloves up between use.

Essential Rock - Definitive Rock Classics And Power Ballads
Essential Rock - Definitive Rock Classics And Power Ballads
Price: 10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rock?, 12 Feb 2013
If this CD is rock, then I'm a banana. The selection of tracks has more to do with back catalouge than accurate genre. There are possibly five or six tracks that would meet most people's notion of rock. The remainder are the accoustic equivelent of spam.

AmazonBasics Protective Skin for Apple iPhone 4  and 4S in Smoke Grey
AmazonBasics Protective Skin for Apple iPhone 4 and 4S in Smoke Grey
Price: 5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 28 Nov 2012
I wanted to protect my new i-phone and struggled with the array of options. Whether to opt for a bumper type or hard back was bewildering. This product for me provides the best of the both worlds. Being reasonably old, and therefore not wishing to have a bold fashion based statement for my phone cover, (my apologies if you fall into that category). The Amazon basics is superb. My phone is white and the smoked grey translucent cover really goes well with the phone. The cover is grippy without jamming or sticking as you place the phone in a pocket, unlike with a silicone type. I think it looks cool and I am very happy with the product as I think it will protect the body and screen.

Firewall laptop backpack (sunflower/navy)
Firewall laptop backpack (sunflower/navy)

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of space, 18 July 2011
The back is small enough to fit comfortably on your back with the vent system working well on hot days whilst the interia is spacious. Like my old laptop bag, when full, ie files and computer and lunch box the bag hangs off your back by protruding, so be careful not to bash other commuters.

The bag was good value and arrived very quickly.

My only concern, is that whilst walking to work in heavy rain from the station to work, (15mins), the bag appeared to allow water in to all compartments. Very alarming if the bag does let in water, then I'll be having to spend again.