Profile for Pam > Reviews

Content by Pam

Pam (Saint Ives, Cambridgeshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Jake Bugg
Jake Bugg

4.0 out of 5 stars but I still LOVE Broken). music experience, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Jake Bugg (Audio CD)
very much what I wanted..a young fresh and UP (mostly..but I still LOVE Broken).music experience. Just love the vocals and even his somewhat strange pronunciation along with his songs... enough to make this an original talent enjoyable to listen to.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed but happy, 12 May 2014
customer care amazingly good, as we did have a faulty battery and after a couple of trials of seeing if it was the kindle or us, we got it replaced.
Parers are good to read but still buy at weekend when I find I miss the whole paper experience (and the writing seems better?)
Picture quality is great BUT quite disappointed in the sound.
Even with earphones the couple of tracks I have bought are disappointing and any other music seems muffled.. Same applies to TV.
The Eurovision Son Contest didn't last long (yes I know its not the greatest music!) but the sound quality is definitely dodgy.
Brilliant for games though.
I suppose it all depends what you want it for really,

The Aquariums of Pyongyang: Ten Years in the North Korean Gulag
The Aquariums of Pyongyang: Ten Years in the North Korean Gulag

4.0 out of 5 stars Evil is flourishing, 29 Mar. 2014
Whilst Good Men do Nothing...myself incuded..
With a lot of information from a very valuable source this is a very informative insight into the imprisonment of a nine year old boy in a North Korean Gulag over a number of years and his subsequent escape..
His observations and descriptions of the privations of his families existence and mind control of the Government makes it an exceptional read.
Valuable Reading that stays with you.....recommended

Shine On (Shine On Series Book 1)
Shine On (Shine On Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Really tried, 13 Mar. 2014
but couldnt get interested enough in the subject matter, despite the authors obvious expertise in it. Just a bit lacking in read-on-ability...never finished and now put in my archives.

Hollow Talk
Hollow Talk

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Hollow Talk (MP3 Download)
The original track in The Bridge had a lot more clarity. Very muffled/distorted recording which completely detracts from the amazing recording that I listened to on the Youtube version by the Choir of Y B's. Dissappointed.

Let Her Go
Let Her Go

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracker., 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Let Her Go (MP3 Download)
Lovely little number..very UP and very relevant. Really Lovely Lyrics with insightful and sensitive use of a cappella at end.

Broken
Broken

5.0 out of 5 stars maybe just me but..., 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Broken (MP3 Download)
There are some songs I just can listen to whenever I get the chance...this is one..the clarity with crescendo and corking lyrics are why.

Master Class Non-Stick Fluted Ring Cake Tin, 27 cm (10")
Master Class Non-Stick Fluted Ring Cake Tin, 27 cm (10")

5.0 out of 5 stars Bakers(!) Delight, 28 Jan. 2014
It makes me a genius with Betty Crocker mixtures.
They come up a treat each time, and the grandchildren love my cakes.
Result..

Running With Scissors
Running With Scissors

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and enjoyable, 28 Jan. 2014
An interesting insight into the unusual upbringing and sensitive portrayal of a likeable young man.Worth the time spent reading it..memorable..

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars MMMmmm, 17 Sept. 2013
Just love the flowery, distinctive and classy smell..universally loved by myself and daughters and also their children ( so theres a .very important link of smell/evocation with their mum/nana)
Have only found one cheaper source (Wilco at £20)...but not as easy as online obviously!
Have loved Kenzo for many years...

Page: 1 | 2