Profile for Bar. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Freecom 29323 Databar 4GB USB2.0
Freecom 29323 Databar 4GB USB2.0

3.0 out of 5 stars Slimline tonic., 10 April 2016
Old tech. capacity, speed and price have all improved. This still works though and is my back up back up - if you know what I mean. I always liked that it was slim so didn't block adjacent USB ports when in use.

Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse
Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Times have moved on., 10 April 2016
This gets dirty easily but was comfortable to use. It is now my back up having been replaced by a smaller, cheaper wireless mouse which I much prefer.

**SANDISK CRUZER MICRO 1GB
**SANDISK CRUZER MICRO 1GB

2.0 out of 5 stars Superseded., 10 April 2016
Old tech. out of date and superseded but it did a job once. It was always too chunky though which is a design error.

The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook
The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook
by The Smiths

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read and a sort of reference, 10 April 2016
This is interesting and ideal if you are after that special sort of chord that always caught your ear in a Smith song. I used this a lot to pick out interesting chords when writing my own songs on guitar. Now days I rarely pick it up. A criticism is that it could give more information re instrument choices, musicians etc. but then I guess it would be a different book.

Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor (PC/Mac)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor (PC/Mac)

1.0 out of 5 stars All fingers and thumbs., 10 April 2016
These days just get Typist for mac for free or go to typing club.com - there's no need to buy a touch typing tutor and this wasn't as good as the aforementioned anyway. Call that progress.

The Tao of Health and Fitness
The Tao of Health and Fitness
by Jiawen Miao

3.0 out of 5 stars The Tao of something quite unspectacular., 10 April 2016
To be frank I used to dabble with martial arts and these sorts of alternative fitness ideas. These days I realise that if I had time a swim, cycling and some general exercise and a light off-road run would be better.

Off My Rocker At The Art School Bop
Off My Rocker At The Art School Bop
Offered by davidw_1212

4.0 out of 5 stars A genius but one who is not as clever as he would like to think he is., 10 April 2016
I have a lot if Luke's work but I struggle now to retain an interest in it. This was a good album when it came out, though not his best solo effort in my view. Maybe one day I will get back onto it but in any case it is far better than the rubbish you served up on radio these days.

Don't Cry For Me Aberystwyth
Don't Cry For Me Aberystwyth
by Malcolm Pryce

4.0 out of 5 stars A good series overall to start with., 10 April 2016
I like all of this series but to my own surprise I haven't read the last one (or maybe two, I lose track) because I felt out of love with the concept I guess. That said, I think that the first three books at least are well worth a read and maybe you will have better staying power than me.

Wacom Bamboo One Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo One Graphics Tablet

3.0 out of 5 stars Things have moved on since., 10 April 2016
I've long since stopped using this and more recently sold it but I recall well that it was too small at A5 to be of any great use and was not all that smooth in use.

Shall We Dance? [DVD]
Shall We Dance? [DVD]
Dvd ~ Koji Yakusho

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely tale well told., 10 April 2016
This review is from: Shall We Dance? [DVD] (DVD)
This is charming and delightful and far better than the US remake with, why on earth, Richard Gere. I know that some people can't get beyond subtitles but if you can you will find a very good film though not quite classic or great in my opinion. I have still given it 5 stars because compared with the dross that normally gets bought it is still a cut above in terms of subtlety and craft.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9