Profile for A. Torode > Reviews

Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 6.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I wasn't sure what else could be done with these toys/characters but it is a great little story with humour for all ages. Bought as a treat for my 4 year old who loved it and I didn't mind watching it with him, something I can't say with some of the programs on tv.

Follows a similar format to the first two Toy Story films but that doesn't really matter as it's fun, bright, colourful, and cheery. A happy ending - what more do you need.Toy Story 3 [DVD] [2010]

Geomag 76 Piece Space Glow in The Dark Set (76 Pieces)
Geomag 76 Piece Space Glow in The Dark Set (76 Pieces)
Price: 24.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Glow in the Dark Geomag, 16 Aug 2011
Geomag 74 Piece Space Glow in The Dark Set (76 Pieces)

The age recommendation for this toy is 6 years but I have a 4 year old that loves to experiment with geomag, making allsorts of shapes.

We had our first set about 10 years ago for my first son and he liked playing with it and we still have the couple of sets he was given, he was 6 when he got them and soon grew out of them but my second son found them and loves them and as he is only 4 hopefully they will get enjoyed for longer.

The glow in the dark doesn't last for a very long time but long enough.

This set is good value for money and ideal for an inquisitive mind and fingers that like to fiddle.

We have purchased a couple of additional sets to add to those we already have to give at Christmas. Hopefully we might get some peace whilst he plays - somehow I doubt it though!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality t-shirt, 8 Aug 2011
Ordered these to go away on holiday and Fruit of the Loom has a good reputation. Tried to get hubby to order size larger as tshirts generally shrink a little in wash, but he assured me they wouldn't - he was wrong. I washed them as per the instructions and to be fair they haven't shrunk much and I would order again but I would get the next size up.

Colour stays with washing and they are of good quality so I can't see why they won't last for some considerable time.

Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Saw, 8 Aug 2011
Black & Decker KS890ECN Scorpion Saw

I read the reviews of a couple of saws and decided to give this one a go.

What I wanted was a saw that I could use to cut branches when my husband wasn't around to help and this is brilliant!

Yes it is a little bit noisy but not too much and there is some vibration but this is expected and nothing untoward.

I tried it out on branches up to 5inches in diameter and it cut through them like a knife through butter - literally!

The knack is to let the saw do the work and not put pressure on the blade and then, as the instruction leaflet says, move the saw backwards and forwards whilst cutting as you would a standard saw/blade.

You have to push the switch on the top before you can engage and push down the motor switch and if you let the latter go at any time then you have to do the process again, could be annoying to some but a good safety feature as far as I'm concerned.

My only gripe is the cable which can get in the way, especially if you are cutting items low down but I got round this by firstly holding it in the same hand that was holding the switch down, but then found it was easier to drape the cord over my shoulder so that it is out of the way. A clip on the back of the saw to fix the cable in would have kept it out of the way. As I didn't want to purchase a petrol saw, which would be the only way to get round this, then it's fine and just be careful!

Would recommend this product.

Ring Automotive RAC630 12 V Automatic Digital Compressor with LED Light
Ring Automotive RAC630 12 V Automatic Digital Compressor with LED Light
Price: 24.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyre pump, 17 July 2011
Comes in a nice case.

Simple to use, vey straight forward, not noisy and does the job.

A great little device, only time will tell as to its durability but so far no problems.

Ring Automotive RAC630 12V Automatic Digital Compressor with LED Light

Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt - Deep Navy Large
Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt - Deep Navy Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt, 3 July 2011
Excellent quality as you would expect from fruit of the loom. As described and size good. Haven't washed yet so time will tell how the size and quality stands up to wear and wash.

Not as long as some other makes of t-shirt we have purchased but certainly long enough.

Would buy again.

NOKIA C3-01 TOUCH & TYPE - BLACK GEL CASE COVER POUCH SKIN + 2 SCREEN PROTECTORS. UK-GOODS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Price, 25 Jun 2011

Generally a good product at a very reasonable price but be aware that operating the camera/volume/lock keys is almost impossible when this case is on the phone.

It was very easy to fit and remove.

Should be reasonable protection - time will tell.

Overall a good product for the price.

TP Explorer Climbing Frame
TP Explorer Climbing Frame
Offered by Outdoor Play Days
Price: 127.61

5.0 out of 5 stars TP Explorer Climbing Frame, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: TP Explorer Climbing Frame (Toy)
This item proved a little difficult to put up but once the woman of the house got involved and consulted the instructions it was soon sorted.

Do read the instructions and sort the items out, and look at the finished diagram, before building - it will save time in the long run! It's also easier to put up with two people but could be done alone. Some bits are fiddly and hard to line up and the allen key provided, although slow works well, but a battery powered tool came in handy and sped things up considerably.

We already own the TP slide and bought this because we liked the quality of the slide which my son keeps using as a climbing frame as well as a slide, and thought the climbing frame would be of similar good quality, which it is.

I bought this for my 4 year old son and he loves it, rain or shine! I got it when on special offer with free postage which was a definite bonus, he wouldn't have got it otherwise as it would have costed too much.

Cheaper than my local stores.

Recommended.

Dad's Army - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1968]
Dad's Army - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Arthur Lowe
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dad's Army - Need I say more?, 11 Jun 2011
Dad's Army - The Complete Collection [DVD]

Excellent!

Great value for money and a great gift. I bought this for a present for my son as he is a Dad's Army fan and he wasn't disappointed.

Recommended.

Offered by Premier Babycare
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Autofade Bedside Lamp, 11 Jun 2011
Babytec Autofade Bedside Lamp
This is a brilliant little product.

I bought this light and have just set it up and put it in my young son's bedroom as he is frightened of the dark and refuses to turn his bedroom light out. We have used it for a couple of nights now and have dimmed it down to just under half the glow available and it still illuminates the room enough so that my son is happy. He even switched it off himself tonight and has the confidence that he will be able to turn it on himself (he is only 4 years old).

Don't waste your money on plug in night lights that give out a subtle glow that really isn't enough, get one of these, they can be placed anywhere within the room as long as there is a wall plug, and the brightness adjusted accordingly. This item is easy to use, it doesn't give off alot of heat so is safe to use close to the bed or cot, just make sure it is secure and can't be knocked off the bedside table - or the bump in the night might shock the little one!

The button which allows the gradual fading of the light over 15 minutes or less is a lovely addition to the product and I am sure this will come in handy.

I wish I had known about this product sooner! It would have been great when I got up in the night to feed him as a baby.

Well worth the money. Fantastic!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14