Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for A. Torode > Reviews

Content by A. Torode

A. Torode

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

1.0 out of 5 stars Sea Life Cookie Cutters, 4 April 2011
Kitchen Craft Cookie Cutters, Sea Life, Set of 5

I thought these were lovely. My son's favourite character is Professor Inkling from Octonauts who is an octopus so this set was ideal for me.

I was a little worried that the legs of the octopus and star fish arms might be too narrow and that the biscuit would be weak at these points but needn't have been concerned on seeing them they appeared fine, however I never got to use them as I washed them before use and put in a cooling oven to dry and rust seeped from the top edge and then appeared all over the cutters, they are totally unusable. Unfortunately I had discarded the wrapping so they are in a carrier bag awaiting the next visit to the local metal recycling plant - what a waste of money!

Kitchen Craft Let's Make Dolphin Shaped Sandwich Cutter
Kitchen Craft Let's Make Dolphin Shaped Sandwich Cutter
Offered by Cake and Cookie Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolphin sandwich cutter, 30 Mar. 2011
Kitchen Craft Let's Make Dolphin Shaped Sandwich CutterMy son is having a 'sea' themed 4th birthday party and I decided to cut sandwiches into relevant shapes, I found this cutter and thought it looked ideal.

I was a little worried that it is plastic not metal but it is strong and firm, not at all flimsy.

I practised this evening with a thick slice of standard, white bread, toasted, and the cutter had no problems cutting it, there was very little waste, just the crusts, which my son refuses to eat anyway!

Great value for money. I think I'll hunt out some other shapes to add variety to his lunchbox when he goes to school in September.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cookie cutters, 30 Mar. 2011
Marine Sea Life Cookie Cutter Set of 7

Initially I thought these were great but have changed my mind.

My son was having a 'sea' themed 4th birthday party and there are a great little selection of marine creatures. I was worried that they might be a bit small considering the price but no they were just right. However I washed them prior to use, dried them immediately and put in a cooling oven to make sure they dried thoroughly and they immediately bled rust from under the 'blunt' edge

I thought we would have a wonderful time making biscuits and cutting sponges into various marine animal shapes for his party and beyond, but that didn't happen, who wants rusty food?

Unfortunately I had already discarded the packaging which was lovely and so would make a lovely, and unusual, present for a friend who likes cooking too, if only they hadn't rusted as they did.

BRIO BRI-33337 Short Curved Tracks
BRIO BRI-33337 Short Curved Tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brio track, 26 Mar. 2011
BRIO 33337 Wooden Railway System: Short Curved TracksBrio is always a must in our home. It's well made and durable, easily wiped clean and fun.

Our set was bought for my first child (now 16) and has been used for childminding also. It is now being added to and used by my second son (soon to be 4) and the fun just goes on.

Bigjigs Rail 8 Way Turntable
Bigjigs Rail 8 Way Turntable
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Brio Turntable, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Bigjigs Rail 8 Way Turntable (Toy)
8 Way TurntableBrio is always a must in our home. It's well made and durable, easily wiped clean and fun.

BRIO BRI-33332 Ascending Tracks
BRIO BRI-33332 Ascending Tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brio track, ascending, 26 Mar. 2011
BRIO 33332 Wooden Railway System: Ascending TracksBrio is always a must in our home. It's well made and durable, easily wiped clean and fun.

These are a must to raise the track.

BRIO BRI-33335 Rail Medium Straight Tracks
BRIO BRI-33335 Rail Medium Straight Tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brio track, 26 Mar. 2011
BRIO 33335 Wooden Railway System: Medium Straight TracksBrio is always a must in our home. It's well made and durable, easily wiped clean and fun.

Disco Glide Ball
Disco Glide Ball
Offered by The Online Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco ball, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Disco Glide Ball (Toy)
I bought one of these balls for a stocking filler for my son and he loved it. I childmind so got some more so that on the darker nights we can have some fun rolling them around in the dark. All the children love them.

The only downside is that the lights on one of the balls is harder to set off but I make sure I get that one and so everyone is happy.

I had read the reviews and noted that this ball was small, just right for little fingers, I didn't get this impression from the picture but wasn't disappointed because of the other helpful reviews.

Great little toy, not exactly educational but who cares, not everything should be, as long as it's fun and the children are happy.Disco Glide Ball

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Sea party pack, 24 Mar. 2011
Not a toy and some items are throw away - so not durable, there is some educational value in discussions and use but always difficult to rate a 'toy' that isn't!

Lovely and colourful, excellent quality and just as I expected, perhaps even better!Deep Sea Fun Party Pack(65 Party items- Plates,cups,napkins,blowouts,hats,invitations,lootbag)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas the Tank Engine Pyjamas, 25 Feb. 2011
Washed and worn, washed and worn, washed and worn some more, and more . . .

The picture is still as good as the day I bought it and the colours and size haven't changed.

The only problem is that is can't be tumble dried but it doesn't take long to dry by the radiators.

Would buy again.