Profile for B. Steele > Reviews

Content by B. Steele

B. Steele "B. Steele"

Second Chance
Second Chance

3.0 out of 5 stars The grammar was a big issue for me, but the story was good and well-told., 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Second Chance (Kindle Edition)
Nice little holiday read but the poor grammar was a deal-breaker for me. The author needs to learn the difference between subject and object when referring to "me", "I", "she" and "her". If this had been appropriately proof-read, and the grammar corrected, then this would have been a 4 star book.

Bound By Ivy: Bestselling Devoted Series
Bound By Ivy: Bestselling Devoted Series

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but the grammatical errors and poor dialogue ruined this for me, 7 Sep 2014
It was a reasonable holiday-read kind of trilogy. The storyline was ok and I did enjoy it but I wasn't overly enthralled. The dialogue felt false and unrealistic - words such as "diaper" and "trunk of the car" riled me a little as she is supposed to be an English rose. There were so many lines that simply didn't feel real. There were some terrible grammatical errors and the proof-reader needs a darn good talking-to.

Overall this was an easy read. I got through the whole trilogy so there must have been something captivating about it.

Painless (The Story of Samantha Smith Book 3)
Painless (The Story of Samantha Smith Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but full of grammatical errors., 30 May 2014
I enjoyed the story but there were frequent basic grammatical errors that ruined it somewhat. The storyline wasn't too predictable which held my attention and overall I'm pleased that I downloaded this book.

Marbultopia Marble Run Build & Learn
Marbultopia Marble Run Build & Learn

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 8 Jan 2012
I have read some of the negative reviews about this toy and I simply do not understand? Someone says the instructions are unclear - it's supposed to be imaginative creation, not following instructions?!? Some also commented that it falls apart all the time but my 5 year old has not found that.

I asked him his opinion on this toy and he said, "It's brilliant and it gets 20 out of 5". I asked him what could be done to make it better and he said, "If it was two sets of marble runs".

We've had hours of fun together with this and I highly recommend it.

Queen
Queen
by Jeff Hudson

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of new material!, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Queen (Hardcover)
I've been a Queen for an inordinate length of time and have read pretty much everything and anything published about them. There is a part of me that sighs when 'new' Queen books are released because we've read it all before, right? WRONG! This book was stuffed full of photos that I'd never seen before and contained insightful information that kept me enthralled. There was a warmth about the words and phrasing that made me feel that the author had a true 'feel' for this subject. It was tremendously well-researched and I was bowled over at the photos. Bottom line - I loved this book and would heartily recommend it to Queen fans with longevity of service and new fans alike.