Profile for Mrs. R. A. Nobes > Reviews

Content by Mrs. R. A. Nobes

Mrs. R. A. Nobes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Tremor (The Tremor Cycle)
Tremor (The Tremor Cycle)
by Ryan Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Well deserved acclaim for this debut novel., 15 Nov. 2014
Tremor has been billed mostly as a dystopia, but could quite easily be categorised as fantasy or adventure. As a teenager I read many adventure/fantasy books, but haven't read many as an adult. The book is written with teenagers in mind, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It is easy to read and well paced with enough twists in the plot to draw you in, keep you guessing and give you plenty of surprises. The book delights the reader with characters that care deeply about each other and their world, in turn you find yourself very in tune with them and hoping against the odds that they will all survive.

The last chapters have a couple of open ended twists that leave you wanting more and wondering what happens next.

We have bought a copy for our 11 year old niece for Christmas.

Here's to the next book in the 'cycle'!

Silvine Kids Scrap Book
Silvine Kids Scrap Book
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect scrapbook, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Silvine Kids Scrap Book
A quality scrapbook - just what we wanted.

Children's Favourites
Children's Favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars Best children's CD by far!, 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Children's Favourites (Audio CD)
I saw Simon Mayer in concert about 15 years ago and could vaguely remember the 'spider song'. I bought this to keep my 5 year old occupied on a very long journey and we ended up listening to it throughout our week long holiday. The CD includes instrumentals, short sketches and songs. The music ranges in style from classical to folk, taking in world music along the way. It features a wide range of instruments and the singers are pleasant to listen to, unlike some children's CDs. The musicians have worked with children in schools, so they know how to put a good song together. They are also both well respected musicians in their own rights. I wasn't sure if my husband would like it, as he's not into folk music, but he loves it. I would heartily recommend this for children and it's also enjoyable for adults too - bonus!

Disney Girls and Womens 6 Pack Pretty Minnie Mouse Snap Clips in Pink
Disney Girls and Womens 6 Pack Pretty Minnie Mouse Snap Clips in Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini mouse hair clips, 21 April 2014
Bought as a birthday gift for a friend's youngest child - these have delighted her Mini-Mouse mad 3 year old.

SKB 1SKB-444 Sculptured Violin Case 4/4 Size
SKB 1SKB-444 Sculptured Violin Case 4/4 Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard case with clasps, 21 April 2014
I wanted an old fashioned violin case like the ones I had as a child. Having had a zipped case for only a few years, both zippers recently crumbled away, leaving the case useless for moving my violin anywhere. I was torn between choosing this case, as it had positive reviews, or a Jakob Winter JW 51015 GreenLine 4/4 Full Size Shaped Violin Case, which had no reviews and was a bit more expensive. I don't play as often as I would like and have no groups that I play with, so my instrument rarely leaves the house these days.

I chose this case in the end because it is hard and has clasps and was about £20 less than the aforementioned Winter's case. Since it has arrived, I am pleased with the exterior of the case. The exterior is exactly what I wanted.

I'm slightly disappointed with the finish on the interior of the case as the plastic compartments feel very flimsy and as with another reviewer, the bow holder arrived detached as the screw was not long enough to hold it in place. The bow holder clips are also a bit strange and the bottom one doesn't seem properly aligned, although the bow seems to stay in place.

There seems to be a massive gap in the prices between the £25 - £40 cases and then the £90 I paid for this one. I expected a better finish on the interior for the price.

Christmas Carols
Christmas Carols
by Various
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Carols, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Christmas Carols (Audio CD)
I wanted a CD of carols, not Christmas songs, for my 4 year old son. Some CDs are too child orientated, but this one is done very nicely, so that it appeals to children without driving adults insane.

Bonne Id E: Time-Saving Resources and Ideas for Busy French Teachers
Bonne Id E: Time-Saving Resources and Ideas for Busy French Teachers
by Nicolette Hannam

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonnee Idee, 17 Jan. 2014
A time saver. Very clear activities / worksheets for copying. A great item for primary French or maybe even year 7.

Octonauts Octopod Playset
Octonauts Octopod Playset
Offered by net_price_direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Octopod - good, but the Gup X is more exciting, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Octonauts Octopod Playset (Toy)
Love the launch bay and all the sound effects. But if you only want to splash out on one Octonauts toy, I'd recommend the Gup X.

Octonauts Gup X Shoot and Rescue Vehicle
Octonauts Gup X Shoot and Rescue Vehicle
Offered by Sharp Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Gup X - great toy!, 17 Jan. 2014
A well package toy. I wasn't sure how much use this would get, but my 4 year old boy loves it. He loves shooting the sea slime disks and he likes launching the Octo Ski Buggy. He finds it a bit tricky to open up the back of the toy and the windscreen comes off a bit too easily, which frustrates him a little. However, he pushes it around the floor and loves all the bits that go with it.

Octonauts 8-Figure Octo-Pack (Pack of 8)
Octonauts 8-Figure Octo-Pack (Pack of 8)
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Octonauts figures, 17 Jan. 2014
Well packaged. Robust little play figures that have/are delighting my 4 year old. It's nice to be able to get a pack with the whole team.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5